This position leads the strategy, planning, implementation and support of applications for Mizkan America. Responsibilities includes managing the application team through the full development lifecycle requirements gathering, planning, development, testing, delivery and maintenance of software applications and services, including systems such as SAP, AX2009, D365, SharePoint, 3rd party integrations and custom-built tools. Ensuring the area is staffed appropriately to be effective and optimized to meet business current and future needs will be fundamental to this role as well.
This is a leadership role that requires both strategic and tactical capabilities, excellence in business processes, a deep understanding of application development, SAP & AX/D365 ERP systems, database management and innovation in problem solving for business growth initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of IT application solution professionals that includes roles such as analysts, software engineers, and 3rd party providers. This includes recruitment, guidance, leadership, accountability and mentoring.
- Build and lead an organization with customer focus, world-class quality, and effective communication with a focus on decisive, fast-moving solutions, quick and constructive resolutions to conflicts, and a no barriers mentality.
- Employee Development & Team Building- Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and builds effective teams to achieve results
- Business Requirements Works closely with the business, provides technical/functional expertise to deliver solutions for the organization
- Establishes and maintains influential working relationships at all levels necessary to successfully promote and deliver technology strategies and innovation opportunities.
- Investigates redundancy or gaps in systems in order to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, costs or execution of systems that support the organization
- Develop and employ application development practices such as DevOps standards, agile methodology, etc.
- Develop and lead process improvement initiatives and automation solutions
- Responsible for testing and quality assurance at technical and procedural levels for applications
- Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete system and support documentation
- Manage and liaise with multiple vendors and service providers, including offshore teams
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global laws and regulations related to data privacy, including GDPR, CCPA, as it relates to applications
- Prepare standard and ad hoc analytics to support decision-making process
- Research and review industry trends to benchmark services and strategies
- Ensure the proper allocation of resources to the highest priority deliverables
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience building and leading teams of software analysts, engineers and database administrators including the process, design, deployment, monitoring, stability, scalability, security and maintenance of SAP, AX/D365 and custom-built applications in a manufacturing environment
- Strong background in ERP concepts, such as Finance, sales, customer service, supply chain, allocation, planning, manufacturing, production, and distribution
- Hands-on development experience in the support of enterprise applications such as SAP or AX/D365 is a plus
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering solutions utilizing one or more (Azure, AWS, Oracle) major cloud providers.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills: you can communicate conceptual ideas, engineering rationale and technical challenges both verbally and visually, to a wide range of audiences
- Proven experience in people leadership/management, effectively leading project teams, including internal and external application development teams, across an array of programs and functional areas, with the ability to leverage strengths from the disparate resource groups
- Strong technical acumen with the ability to think creatively and strategically to capitalize on unstructured, ambiguous business situations including ability to manage challenges, think creatively, and pivot quickly
- Demonstrated willingness and passion to work in a hands-on manner with complex technical challenges
- Passion, humility, integrity, credibility, and a commitment to values
- Excellent interpersonal skills that generate respect and trust from stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex problems and systems
- Data-driven with an affinity for business process enhancement and automation