Director, Logistics - Blackfoot, Idaho
Are you an innovative, business-oriented Sourcing Manager who like to grow the top and bottom lines in a business?
Our Logistics team unlocks value with an innovative spirit to bring solutions to complex logistics problems that enable bottom-line and top-line company growth.
We#39;re looking to hire a Director of Logistics that will establish the strategic direction of logistics and develop long term plans that impact the achievement of company results and achieve Basic American Foods OTIF (on-time/in-full) goals.
What a "Day in the Life" is Like
As the Logistics Director, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure all aspects of logistics are running effectively internally and externally to make sure the right products are delivered on-time and in-full while enabling new product platforms and achieving/ maintaining high inventory accuracy. You will achieve budgeted cost targets while continually driving network efficiencies and labor management improvements. Leading and developing a highly engaged and skilled team that delivers results and is nimble to provide solutions to complex problems is critical.
Do You Have the Ingredients to Become a Basic American Foods Hero?
We#39;re Looking for Someone With:
- A bachelor#39;s degree in logistics, supply chain, transportation or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years#39; experience in transportation and warehouse operations, with experience developing and implementing product delivery strategies for more than one transportation mode.
- Working knowledge of regulations relating to transportation, coupled with experience with a variety of logistics sourcing strategies.
- Experience leading and motivating a high-performance team
- Experience in both distribution and planning
Additional Traits That Set You Apart:
- Partnering and working with cross functional teams
- Ability to manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written including presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly developed analytical reasoning skills
- Ability to lead new best in class system and process initiatives cross-functionally to increase the value delivered by logistics
- Ability as a subject matter expert to develop and implement strategies, plans, and network activities at the lowest total cost of ownership
- Strong ability to lead complex program and project efforts to completion
- Ability as a subject matter expert in the use of network optimization methodologies
- Strong ability to use program and project management tools and techniques
- Ability to manage supplier performance and is highly capable of driving continuous improvement with existing suppliers
Who We Are
What makes an amazing meal so great? The people who create them - those in kitchens and dining rooms everywhere who work hard to plan, prepare and cook every dish to perfection. They#39;re heroes in our eyes, and it#39;s our job to set them up for success. We are proud of our 85-year history, and we credit success to our startup mentality and strategic focus on providing tasty and innovative products to kitchens, cafeterias, and dining rooms throughout America. Our supportive and collaborative culture is driven by our mission - to make mealtime victories happen every single day.
Where We Are
Our locations in Southeast Idaho provide the family-friendly feel of a small town with plenty of nearby nature to explore. This area is perfect for the outdoor activities lover and is only a short distance from two national parks!
What BAF is Like
As a relatively flat organization, you have a voice from your first day, along with opportunities to explore, learn and develop new skills with challenging and rewarding work. We#39;re focused on your success, both professionally and personally, and we are committed to helping you every step of the way. We are a family-owned, family-friendly company that empowers and supports our employees. We live out our company values and expect all team members to do the same.
You#39;ll Love Working Here if You:
- Love what you do, and it shows. The employees who work here are passionate about what they do and proud of the impact we make in the world with our food.
- Are knowledgeable and confident, but never boastful. While we are proud of our company, our team and the products we create, we are humble and down to earth at our core.
- Are looking for a competitive salary and benefits. Including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plans, paid vacation and sick time, life and disability insurance, and adoption assistance.
At BAF, we are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create a supportive and inclusive community of individuals committed to helping each other and our company thrive.