Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment, where you can make a difference? Smithfield Foods, one of the country#39;s top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values an individual#39;s creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
The Director IT Business Relationship- Hog Production and Innovation is an innovative thought leader and trusted advisor within the Hog Production Division at Smithfield Foods. It oversees the partner relationships and all aspects of technology delivery and support for business primarily focused on assigned business partners, including overall responsibility for IT delivery and value realization. This role will be the primary technology liaison for US Hog Production division and its Executive Vice President. This role will grow to encompass the International components of Hog Production which will expand scope and reach and drive consistency with our global strategy.
- Overall responsibility for serving as the strategic interface with assigned business units for the purpose of business/IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management across the globe.
- Serve as the business relationship linkage between the various Hog Production business departments and IT, at multiple levels including the Executive level.
- Serve as the single escalation point for the Executive Team within Hog Production.
- Bring IT innovation to all areas of Hog Production including the Feed and Livestock Supply Chain process.
- Manage the portfolio and be the key product champion for applications that promote the business objectives of Hog Production.
- Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, projects and initiatives.
- Proactively identify opportunities to leverage technology, create business values or reduce production costs.
- Focus on strategic initiatives and plans that are proactive, anticipatory, driving in nature and provide significant value to business units.
- Facilitate the planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology.
- Manage business relationships and projects across teams, vendors and 3rd party providers.
- Oversee the prioritization and delivery of solutions for area(s) of ownership ensuring value realization.
- Collaborate with the business to define the strategy for integrating/combining systems by providing a technology perspective, influencing and ensuring alignment of IT strategy with business strategy within the sub-function or region.
- Perform research, support pilots, and investigate potential solutions to help anticipate the business needs and communicate solution recommendations that support business requirements to business partners.
- Participate in identifying, assessing, and promoting the use of new technologies for increased productivity or new capabilities for the business.
- Drive technology and business process innovation within and across the global organization ensuring continuity and manages a portfolio of services to address business needs within a sub-function or region.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Information Technology or related field and 10+ years of IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 12+ years of experience in progressive IT roles, preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in an IT project leadership role with specific emphasis and deep working knowledge and experience in effective project management, ITL or similar methodology.
- Working experience and knowledge of JD Edwards, PowerBI and SAP Business Analytics required
- Broad business applications experience preferably in the Hog Production and Agribusiness
- Significant experience working with senior business leaders and C-suite executives on developing strategies to leverage technology to drive business value
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with peers and executive leadership.
- Strong leadership and management skills, including facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Ability to translate business needs to solutions
- Technical aptitude to understand and apply technology solutions to support business change
- Conversant and abreast of the latest technological advances (RPA, AI, Machine Learnings, OCR, etc.) in the relevant line of business areas
- Working knowledge of the most current planning and S&OP tools/software
- Experience with business process optimization methodologies & approaches
- Proven project management experience working with mid-sized to large projects
- People management and development experience
- Ability to lead and manage under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Proven organizational skills in working across organizational boundaries and reporting lines.
- Strong communications, influencing and partnering skills
- Ability to work with Vendors and Corporate partners on delivery execution and providing cost effective- high quality solutions
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Role will be responsible for managing Business Relationship Managers, contractors and outside vendors as business needs arise.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees within IT
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.