Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 9000 employees in 75 countries, with consolidated revenues of over 2 billion in 2020. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit, and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Headquartered in Pennsauken, New Jersey, our US organization has a strong and growing presence across the baked goods, patisserie, and chocolate categories with over $270M in revenues and a workforce of 700+ employees. Our ingredients are found in some of the most recognized retail, industrial and food service organizations in the country and our innovations equip culinary experts and food technicians around the world with best-in-class solutions and technical support.
Director, Human Resources
The Puratos USA Human Resources organization is looking for a seasoned Human Resources leader who will play a critical role in leading the transformation the HR function across the US organization. Reporting to the US Chief HR Officer, this newly created position will lead a team of 3 HR Business partners supporting the US workforce, and in partnership with the US HR Centers of Excellence, will oversee the development and execution of an enhanced People Strategy aimed at ensuring a best-in-class employment experience. The successful candidate will need to be a strategic thinker and people manager, have a strong executive presence and be comfortable in a hands-on, high-touch HR organization.
This role provides a unique opportunity to make a personal impact on the redesign and upgrade the End-to-End HR Service Delivery model as we look to establish best-in-class systems and solutions and a leverage our people-centric culture to support an outlook of continued business growth in the US Market. This position can be based in our Pennsauken headquarters location, or may be remote within a 100-mile radius of the Greater Philadelphia area (a mix of virtual and office-based work will be utilized).
YOU LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY
- Functioning as the primary HR Business Partner for the Corporate Functions across the US Organization (Finance, Marketing, R&D and Commercial Sales) to develop Strategic People Plan aligned with Business Objectives.
- Playing an influential role in the company s recruiting and staffing efforts to assure the continued hiring of top talent for both Frontline and Professional roles. Emphasizing succession planning and leadership development programs as strategic initiatives. Educating leadership, management and supervisory personnel on techniques for selecting and retaining the best employees.
- Utilizing a proactive, preventative employee well-being strategy to enhance our culture of care and concern, delivering an integrated wellness agenda that reduces company healthcare costs while providing employees with a robust range of wellness programs and resources.
- Playing a key role in the advancement of our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion agenda and the integration of these efforts into our enterprise business priorities.
- Partnering with US Centers of Excellence to execute yearly HR Cycle (Objective Setting, Talent Review, Mid-Year, Individual Development Plans (TDPs), and Annual Salary Review.
- Leading the development of documented HR policies and procedures across all US operations to ensure a sustainable audit, compliance and supervisory training platform.
- Playing a lead role in developing a positive, proactive relationship with 3 labor unions representing US based employees. Partner with the US CHRO in the administration and periodic re-negotiation of existing Labor Contracts.
- Incorporating the use of people data and reporting to develop key insights into business challenges and priorities. Improving our use of data visualization and Key Performance Indicators to drive continuous improvement in all people practices across the organization (sourcing, selection, onboarding, development, attrition)
- Developing proactive and employee-centric communication strategies to drive employee engagement and improve employee retention.
YOU LL COME PREPARED WITH
- A BS/BA in Business or Human Resources Management is preferred, MBA, MS in HR is a plus. Field. Equivalent in professional certification, training and experience will be considered.
- 10+ years of highly progressive experience supporting diverse client groups required, previous HR experience in Manufacturing, Logistics or Operations is essential.
- Expert Knowledge in HR compliance practices, policies & procedures, employee/labor relations, and state and federal labor law also required.
- Ability to show leadership, empathy, and flourish in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate respect, confidence, care and courage in talent development and management decisions
- Experience leading large-scale projects
- Exceptional oral, written and creative story-telling skills. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
- Flexibility, problem solving capability to address and resolve issues in a rapidly growing enterprise
- Proven leadership qualities, organizational, planning, communication, mentoring, coaching, and management skills are required.
- Strong computer and reporting skills required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT), affinity with software supported processes and reporting tools (HRIS/SuccessFactors)