High Liner Foods is North America#39;s largest marketer of frozen, value-added, seafood products - a family of passionate people and strong brands with a dedicated vision of \u0022Great Tasting Seafood for a Better Life\u0022 for more than 120 years!
The Director of Global Supplier Quality will lead supplier performance process by transforming High Liner Foods (HLF) supplier management from a Quality Control mindset to a Quality Assurance, performance led approach. This role will be responsible to manage the program that actively identifies and mitigates quality and food safety risks for High Liner Foods. This person will be an active agent on Food Safety, and Quality cultural change and an advocate for the protection of High Liner Foods, our customers and our consumers. As an experienced auditor and supplier management professional, the Director of Global Supplier Quality will lead in the completion of activities to ensure appropriate approval and ongoing oversight of suppliers, including supplier auditing and establishment of quality agreements.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Establish, document and implement a robust and cohesive, risk-based qualification and verification program across all HLF supply channels including raw material/ingredient/packaging supplies and co-manufacturer/co-packer. Ensure suppliers and co-manufacturers/co-packers have robust programs and systems in place to ensure food safety and quality of products.
- Manage the supplier and component risk assessment process to identify and prioritize supplier verification requirements based on performance, product risk and quality/food safety system document review.
- Improve upon documentation requirements and continuously review relevancy and compliance of expectations. Ensure HLF expectations are consistent with FDA, CFIA, GFSI and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the continuity of supplier quality agreements and specifications with customer expectations.
- Lead the efficient collection, exchange and reconciliation of supplier compliance records utilizing the appropriate technologies and portal solutions.
- Train and mentor a management and audit team to support the completion of initial and routine quality and food safety audits of suppliers and co-manufacturers/co-packers. Manage the corrective action process.
- Proactively work & develop new and improved cross functional business processes and relationships in order to support the end to end supply chain quality program for raw materials, ingredients, co-packed products and packaging.
- Partner with R&D & Procurement to ensure clear quality protocols and processes are established to support onboarding new suppliers, product trials, first and ongoing HLF production at supply partners.
- Lead quality continuous improvement activities through the transformation and analysis of data and key performance indicators.
- Establish a process for the routine execution of quality improvement projects with regular reporting and sharing of best practice and verification of sustained improvement.
- Create a process for sharing of consumer and customer complaint incidence to supply partners. Ensure the management of a strong supplier corrective action program.
- Provide regular and structured feedback to stakeholders (supplier scorecards) on supplier performance (complaints, non-conformance etc.).
- Identify improvement opportunities in supplier base and raise suppliers#39; capability through building a training and education program.
- Lead Supplier Quality team to provide exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders, upholding High Liner#39;s quality and food safety standards.
- Coach, develop and mentor team members to achieve personal growth and success while making meaningful contributions to the success of the Quality team and High Liner Foods.
- Manage performance expectations including daily accountabilities, annual goals and annual performance reviews.
- Accountable for supporting annual budget process and complying with final approved budget expectations.
- Bachelor Degree (Food Science or technical degree preferred)
- Master#39;s Degree (preferred but not required)
- 7-10 years of experience working in a quality/food safety role within food industry. At least 3-5 years in managerial capacity
- Strong Auditing experience
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility of work hours to support production schedules and food manufacturing various shifts
- Travel required- estimated approx. 20-30% of time domestic and international