McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time HR Director. This new hire will work at 24 Schilling Road, located in Hunt Valley, MD. The HR Director will report to a Senior Director Global HR Operations.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Incumbent will be responsible for strategy development and execution for HR Operations programs, projects, and policies. This role leads large-scale global initiatives to deliver a strong foundation and results that enable a best-in-class employee experience.
- Develops and drives Global HR Operations strategy and delivery. Ensures that McCormick#39;s Human Relations function has sound, systematic policies, programs, and processes in all major HR operational areas globally, and that they are consistently applied throughout the Company, compliant with governmental regulations, and aligned with company policy, strategy, and ways of working.
- Leads large-scale HR Operations programs, projects and strategies focused on delivering a best-in-class employee experience (i.e. SuccessFactors, HR information strategy and processes, data governance, HR/IT joint initiatives etc). Improves current programs or develops new programs as needed based on external trends and best practices.
- Leads global HR data strategy, governance, and architecture, in partnership and alignment with IT global programs and systems (S4/Hana). Responsible for ensuring HR data standards are established, communicated, applied, relevant, and connected to drive alignment, simplification, and a clean base for analytics. Ensures recordkeeping and data processing procedures are sound and compliant with regulations.
- Leads process for responding to inquiries from government contacts (Department of Labor, OFCCP, Employment Practices Liability audits); collaborates with legal department, responsible for overseeing AAP and other required government reporting. Partners with internal audit and controls team to ensure review and alignment with requirements, and drives adjustments and alignment when needed.
- Partners with Regional and Global HR Business Partners, Centers of Expertise, and McCormick People Solutions to review and improve current HR operational practices, driving global alignment whenever possible.
- High School or Secondary School degree
- 10+ years of HR experience across all areas of HR, with 5+ years partnering with, managing, or providing consultation to a customer group.
- Experience developing and operationalizing strategy, and leading projects and change initiatives.
- Experience with diverse client groups and agility to work with matrixed functional areas and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills including; superb communication, action-orientation, and proven consultancy skills (analysis, problem-solving, facilitation, developing and operationalizing business cases)
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation and corporate guidelines related to all employment practices.
- Ability to predict and adapt to changing business trends.
- Ability to understand trends, prove via data, translate into actionable insight and influence changes.
- Strong business and financial savvy.
- Design thinking abilities.
- Proven customer engagement abilities.
- Ability to build trust and credibility across each level within organisation
- Cultural astuteness, integrity and sound judgement, Ability to understand and deliver technical information that is adapted to audience needs.
• BSc/BA in Human Resources or related field
- SHRM, HRCI or World at Work Certification(s), Change Management Certification and/or Project Management Certifications; commensurate licenses or certifications for other organizations and countries
- Work experience across HR fields desired: HR Operations, HR Business Partner, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management, or Organization Effectiveness.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.