As a member of our information technology (IT) team, you ll apply cutting-edge resources to help Johnsonville become even more productive and efficient, reduce costs and improve our capacity and profitability. You ll use and continually develop both your technical expertise and business acumen to maintain Johnsonville s innovative industry leadership.
Director Enterprise Master Data Governance & Management
High quality master data is the foundation for every information system and is critical to driving value, member satisfaction, and strategy realization. As a key leader on the Enterprise Data and Analytics Team, the Manager Enterprise MDG and MDM, will be responsible for building and managing the team, processes, policies, structure and technology to deliver high quality master data across the global technology landscape in pursuit of becoming a data-led organization.
The Director - Enterprise MDG and MDM will work collaboratively with a cross functional team to establish and mature an enterprise data governance and data management organization and competency. With the cross functional team establish the enterprise master data governance organization, roles, responsibilities and key competencies. Lead the efforts to set and implement data quality standards, identifying and implementing enabling technology, and defining and implementing necessary process and policy. Initial focus will be on coordinating the establishment and operational deployment of enterprise data standards, as well as directing organizational alignment around enterprise master data management and governance policies and processes.
The director will act as a change agent championing a culture that recognizes data as a critical asset and enabler of value creation.
- Coach and support a product master data team focused on delivering high quality master data for our transactional, reporting, and analytical solutions
- Own the definition and continued evolution of the roadmap for enterprise level master data management based upon strategic business objectives, existing capabilities, cultural considerations and a general understanding of emerging technologies and governance models/techniques across the organizations data systems.
- Define KPI s for data quality, value delivered, strategic alignment, risk mitigation, and compliance with applicable policies. Communicate the success and value of the MDM / DG program to build awareness and support
- Collaborate with stewards, leaders, data owners, and stakeholders across the organization to design, implement and continuously improve master data standards, processes, policies, audits, and technology.
- Lead and develop teams to ensure data governance policies are embedded throughout the organization, to include serving as liaison between the business & functional areas to ensure data related business requirements are clearly defined, sustainable through time and functional roles, communicated and well understood as part of operational functions.
- Lead the MDM Steering Team made up of data stewards and data owners covering technology gaps and to review current state process issues, data quality metrics, data quality improvements and data access controls.
- As an integral part of the broader Data & Analytics and MIS teams contribute to overall strategy development and delivery of superlative information-based solutions and services.
- Define, manage and ensure enterprise information policies and procedures are in concert with legal, security, privacy and other risk factors.
- Collaborate with M&A integration teams to define and deploy appropriate data governance policies, rules and processes. Facilitate change management required to ensure a sustainable master data competency after integration.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field required; MBA desirable
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience in a data management/data governance role with 3 to 5 years of demonstrated success as a coach and leader.
- Knowledge of Master Data Governance and Master Data Management best practices
- Strong knowledge of SAP ERP (ECC/S4HANA/PLM)
- Knowledge of related solutions, standards and business processes including Salsify, 1WorldSync, GS1, Bestmix, and Widen is highly desirable
- Experience with advanced MDG and MDM tools desirable
- Experience implementing technology solutions either as a project, technical, or functional lead
Required Competencies and Skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- Proven ability to motivate others and affect change
- Ability to Influence without authority
- Ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable by non-technical users
- A combination of strong technical knowledge, coaching, and leadership skills with desire to be a hands-on contributor as well as coach
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Experience and passion for leading, coaching and mentoring
- Comfort around upper management. Ability to effectively present to senior leadership across the organization
- High levels of learning agility. Desire and ability to seek out new learning opportunities and effectively apply those learnings in pursuit of superlative performance.
Date: March 24, 2021
Coach: VP-Director of IS
(We don t have bosses at Johnsonville. We have Coaches. They are there to help you develop your talents. They cannot make you run laps.)
Location: Global Headquarters, Sheboygan Falls, WI
(Our office is about an hour north of Milwaukee)
Member Status: Full Time, Salaried
(At Johnsonville, you are not an employee. You are a Member and, yes, Membership has its privileges like the ability to buy sausage at great discounts. Our more traditional benefits are great, too.)
Reason for Posting: New Position
External Applicants: www.jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.