Join Our Community of Food People!
The Director of Communications will plan, direct and deliver internal and external communications programs that protect and enhance the reputation of US Foods and inform and inspire associates. They serve as a strategic communications consultant to leaders at all levels of the organization, including members of the Executive Leadership Team. In addition, they interact with the media on behalf of US Foods and serve as an active member of the issue management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the strategy and execution of high-visibility internal communication programs to inform, align and engage associates around key business and change initiatives. Ensure communications are aligned to overall company strategy and reinforce cultural beliefs.
- Build and execute proactive media relations strategies to amplify the companys Great Food. Made Easy. strategy. Interact with the media on behalf of US Foods. Prepare and train company spokespeople
- Serve as a strategic communications consultant to leaders at all levels of the organization, including members of the Executive Leadership Team. Provide solutions for effective communications and coaching to help leaders deliver relevant and impactful communications
- Serve as an active member of cross-functional issue management team, helping to effectively identify, prepare for and respond to reputational issues
- Develop communications plans, messaging and materials on short notice in response to business-critical issues.
- Manage the development of a variety of communication tools, including key messages, presentations, talking points, press releases, videos and other materials as needed. Ensure quality and timeliness of all written material.
- Measure and assess the overall effectiveness and impact of communications activities. Use data to make decisions on future communications.
Reports to VP, Corporate Communications
Internal : Works closely with business leaders at various levels of the organization, including members of the Executive Leadership Team. Collaborates with Communications, HR, Change Management and Marketing teammates.
External : Interacts with members of the media on a regular basis. Manages outside vendors, including agency resources to execute communications projects. Interacts with industry associations and other benchmarking organizations to stay abreast of issues and trends.
Bachelor#39;s degree or higher in communications, journalism, business or related field.
- 7 to 10+ years corporate communications experience, including a track record of developing, managing and measuring internal and external communications initiatives.
- Experience serving as a company spokesperson and interacting with the media.
- Proven consultative skills and ability to prepare business leaders to successfully deliver messages to a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong collaborative and consultative skills. Ability to cultivate productive working relationships at all levels, gain trust of business leaders quickly, and influence without authority.
- Advanced project management and communication planning skills. Ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen. Ability to translate complex business issues into readily understandable communications for a variety of audiences.
- Up-to-date on corporate communications trends and best practices.
- Proactive, flexible, problem solver, results-oriented.
- Ability to handle sensitive or proprietary company information in a confidential manner.
*Travel up to 10% of the time
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***