The Animal Nutrition division is part of the ADM#39;s global Nutrition business with human nutrition and health & wellness divisions. The Global Animal Nutrition Research team is located at 3 locations (North America, France and Switzerland) focusing on the development of cutting-edge technological and science-based products.
Director, Animal Nutrition Research - Decatur, IL
Research & Development
The successful candidate will assume responsibility in a central leadership position within ADM Science and Technology and will be located in Decatur, IL. As one of the Directors of the Research Division, you will become a member of the Animal Nutrition Science and Technology leadership team and will be responsible for developing innovative and science-based products to differentiate ourselves in the market by 1) Leading a group of Research managers to leverage the large ADM internal capacities and develop a unique research program for specialty feed ingredients, additives and nutrition solutions for livestock, aquaculture and companion animal 2) Lead the exploration of new concepts, ideas and technologies 3) Plan and execute the research pipeline from idea to product commercialization 3) Generate scientific support for commercial products 4) Contribute to ADM#39;s scientific visibility by engaging with renown Universities and Research Institutes.
- Lead group managers to develop and promote projects from conception to implementation at production scale, including IP protection, properly allocating resources to best serve ADM#39;s research needs.
- Responsible for talent development within the team, including recruitment of talent, professional development of individuals to potentially assume new responsibilities within research.
- Accountable for the successful development and timely delivery of value added product offerings and supporting research capabilities within Animal Nutrition.
- Establish fluid lines of communication with operations and commercial groups, ensuring the articulation of technical attributes, rationale and justification of short-, mid-, long-term projects.
- Develop external ecosystem building high level research projects with reliable partners (scientists and customers).
- Actively scouting innovation and technology opportunities.
- Provide direction on technical and scientific topics related to product development, process improvement, technical applications of products, and other relevant areas.
- Demonstrated ability to lead both the technical and management aspects of a research organization with global reach.
- Ph.D. degree in Animal Sciences or related field.
- Fluid ability to communicate with a diverse audience of stakeholders from technical and nontechnical backgrounds.
- Drive the Animal Nutrition Research pipeline in alignment with commercial plans.
- Demonstrated success in transforming ideas to commercially viable products, services, and nutritional solutions..
- Skilled in external and internal customer connections.
- Knowledge or experience in Animal Nutrition and feed ingredient development.
- Flexibility in approaching new opportunities and novel viewpoints.
- Global perspective on research impact.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a global context.
- Availability to travel up to 30% of the time, Domestic and International.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.