DIRECTOR OF SALES
Western & National Accounts
Opportunity to join our 100 year-young company and contribute to a company that is the leader in the category that we compete in. We grow the category thru innovation, new products, services, distribution and interaction with the consumers! We look for ways for consumers to enjoy our products! Our family owned organization continues to thrive as we continue to prosper with our fourth generation. We take pride in our heritage but look to the future. Our organization is involved in sustainability, philanthropy and our culture is one of transparency. The Director of Sales role will manage our customers in the West and National Accounts. They would do so with the help and assistance of a food broker. This role would provide solutions for both our private label offerings as well as our branded business. We are a shelf stable product that competes in the center store.
This role would manage our grocery retail customers in the West AND Albertsons, Walmart and Kroger.
- To profitability increase sales volume and branded market share by utilizing and leveraging our capabilities that includes private label offerings.
- Understand, communicate and execute pricing/promotional strategies, enforce shelf standards and execute distribution strategies.
- Strategic development of customer/market/geography business plan and field execution of the plan
- Broker development and management to facilitate buy in of ownership of said plan.
- Leads team to alignment and needs; outside resources; cross functional involvement and communicates progress against goals and takes needed action.
- Market intelligence; be the voice and ears of the landscape assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Undergraduate degree
- 7-10 years of profitable sales growth in CPG Industry
- Customer intimacy with the assigned customers.
- Experience in selling Branded and Private Label products, experience in leveraging Private Label a plus
- Trade promotion management
- Skill set that includes verbal and written communication skills; negotiation skills, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Broker management leadership experience.
- Fact based selling experience using data.
This position would be home office based, there is either a company car or car allowance provided, competitive base salary and bonus, travel approximately 70%.
This position enjoys excellent wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k, paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave. .