Join Our Community of Food People!
The Director will develop and lead the execution of Facilities & Supply Chain-related sourcing strategies. Key categories may include real-estate, building services, maintenance and facilities, HVAC/Refrigeration, roofing, janitorial, security and all maintenance service providers. Spend encompasses ~$250M.
- The Director is accountable for and closely monitors category performance and contract compliance on a national level, ensuring purchasing agreements are being leveraged to maximize savings. The Director will collaborate closely with the VP, Indirect Procurement, Sr. Director of Real-estate, regional/divisional maintenance managers, and corporate Supply Chain functional representatives.
- Success will be measured based on facility operating performance, spend addressed, savings achieved, and working capital impact (supplier payment terms). A total cost of ownership perspective is paramount. Prioritization of the most meaningful opportunities and the ability to work cross-functionally is critical to success.
- The Director develops and manages the category procurement strategy on a national level to optimize asset value. Direct and manage category specifications, supplier negotiations and performance, and cost management initiatives with an emphasis on total cost of ownership, to ensure business objectives are met.
- Develop short and long term category objectives aimed at exceeding business targets.
- Collaborates closely with VP and stakeholders to tailor category management strategies, to leverage opportunities, mitigate risk, drive performance and to implement strategies on a national level.
- Execute facilities and Supply Chain related sourcing strategies including: volume aggregation, competitive bidding, e-Auctions, should-cost models, and preferred supplier programs, identification of new suppliers, demand management, policy / controls, & use of sponsor cross-portfolio contracts
- Monitor and analyze category performance on a national, regional and division level. Based on analysis, adjust category strategies as required to drive overall category performance. Benchmark category performance with industry metrics. Ensure national compliance with existing purchasing agreements.
- Lead negotiation efforts on commercial terms, and, in conjunction with field and functional SMEs, establish, maintain and grow relationships with suppliers. Identify category growth opportunities and incorporate into strategy. Manage vendor communications and consistently provide vendor performance feedback and resolve complex issues.
- Direct the RFP process from conception through execution, employing cross-functional teams to achieve customized solutions for complex strategic agreements.
- Maintain and continuously improve categorization of Indirect spend cube for spend in Facilities & Supply Chain-related categories
One Associate Category Manager
Internal : Collaborate closely across a wide array of individuals and cross-functional teams at the national level.
External : Maintain and manage relationships with vendors. Collaborate closely with third-parties, sponsors, and consultants.
Education/Training: Four year college degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience required. MBA or other advance degree preferred.
Related Experience: Minimum 7 years Category Management or equivalent Facilities-related experience, in a well-respected supply chain organization or consulting environment, required. Prior experience in foodservice or food manufacturing preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: The successful candidate:
- Possesses the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment and work effectively across multiple groups and levels
- Experience managing indirect spend categories using multi-step strategic sourcing processes, especially with real estate and maintenance services
- Track record of managing change through influence; capable of driving major commercial decisions across a diverse set of internal stakeholders
- Expert-level financial and analytical skills; embraces factbased decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics, and cost modeling
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills
- Strong negotiation skills; expert understanding of terms, conditions, and contracting techniques for managing risk
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
- Able to work up, down, and across a large organization; connects at all levels, i.e., operations, management, executives
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts constructive input from others
- Bias for action and track record of driving tangible impact in Indirect spend
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***