Dawn Foods is a leading global bakery manufacturing and distribution organization with 100 years of history at the beginning of our digital journey.
We have a new opportunity for a talented Sales Manager, Digital Platform Business to cover the Plains and the West Regions as an essential hire in Dawn’s new Digital Transformation business.
With a team staffed with talent from leading eCommerce firms like Blueport Commerce, Keurig, BJ’s, Staples and Wayfair, this role will work with the mandate to drive Dawn’s external digital capabilities and to transform the overall business model while leveraging its rich heritage.
This will be a journey. And you could be one of the charter members with a strong voice around how we work and what outcomes we drive. You will have a wide influence on our bakery customers, our field sales resources and shaping our overall customer experience.
This role is in one of our major West or Plains Region market centers, preferably Los Angeles (Ontario, CA) and also open to Houston or Dallas, TX, or Denver, CO.
In this role you will have a direct and tangible impact on our Digital processes, our company, and our customers. The chosen candidate will develop and manage the sales process and internal collaboration to support new ways of working for thousands of customers and hundreds of sales resources.
What you will do:
- Develop sales processes that extend into consultative sales and integrate online ordering and customer engagement as a tool for growth
- Lead the Plains and West regional territories in Customer Acquisition, Customer Onboarding and Customer success for Dawn’s Online Ordering Platform
- Sales hunter - uncover, interest and close new bakery accounts on the bakery platform in partnership with Market Sales Representatives
- Collaborate with Dawn’s executive leadership, Digital Program leadership, existing Dawn Sales Management, Sales Reps and Customer Service to teach and advise on how to sell and support Dawn’s Online Ordering Platform
- Advise Dawn’s Customer-facing resources to discuss the vision and value of the ability for Dawn’s Customers to engage with our business online
- Driven, dedicated, and have what it takes to lead and manage a territory to smash quotas and help Bakeries succeed.
- Advise and advocate the Dawn vision and unique value proposition to develop and convert high-value business opportunities
- Teach and guide bakeries the value of the platform, consumer trends, needs and wants.
- Prospect, forecast, allocate time and planning of new business deals. Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while creating and maintaining satisfied customers
- Champion Dawn customers’ businesses and advocate to ensure success
- Conduct platform demonstrations and trainings in person and virtually using screen share technology
- Collaborate with Dawn resources in the areas of marketing, communications, sales and distribution
- Bachelor’s degree, or significant relevant sales or business experience in consultative Business to Business sales with an online/digital component
- Proficiency in consultative selling methodologies, including but not limited to: Challenger Sales, SPIN Selling, Miller Heiman or others
- Minimum 2-4 years successfully managing a sales territory and showing sustainable growth
- Knowledge and/or passion for Bakery business
- Ability to understand and explain complex solutions and services
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Capabilities to develop and teach a sales plan.
- Professionally courageous and very comfortable with developing new contacts, collaborating or influencing others and / or making cold calls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent attention to detail to create connections and deliver value propositions to customers
- Accountable and driven by platform sales, growth, adoption and retention
- Collaborate with existing sales reps and channels. Maintain a high level of productivity and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite
- 2+ years of related work experience, preferably in e-commerce or digital marketing
- Sense of urgency with a desire to move quickly
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team