As a Department Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Leading, promotion and administration of Safety, Health, Environmental and Employment Standards, complying with corporate standards and regulatory requirements applicable to area of responsibility.
- Oversight and leadership of the Operations Leads, Assistant Operations Leads and the department, motivating and engaging employees while promoting team building.
- The responsibility to report and rectify Food Safety deficiencies
- Actively supporting the management of the Lean Manufacturing System, including facilitating Root Cause Analysis, and Kaizen events
- Manage production planning and inventory levels
- Assisting direct reports with appropriate coaching to build their skills and decision-making process.
- Establishing high goals for personal and team accountability.
- Coordinating with local Supply Chain, Engineering, Maintenance and other plant functions to drive synergies, remove obstacles, streamline operations and drive continuous improvement.
- Act as the Operations Gatekeeper for Maintenance and Reliability related activities
- Coordination of training needs for the departments and individual employees
- Monitoring process conditions and operational activities in order to take appropriate corrective action to ensure safe operation of the process.
- Tracking of historical data, analyzing and monitoring key process indicators to optimize and troubleshoot processing issues.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to the Operations Leads, and Assistant Operations Leads
- Offer vacation coverage for the Operations Leads
The Department Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious goals through others.
- Have the capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Respect and value others#39; differences, seeking opportunities to learn from those with different perspectives.
- Build long-term relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders.
- Take swift, decisive action and use organization resources in the best interest of the company
- Take ownership and operate with a sense of urgency to promptly respond and resolve problems.
- Adapt and support others through change, ambiguity, uncertainty and complexity.
- Assume personal responsibility for mistakes, act to correct them and learn from them.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively create new solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Are willing to supportively challenge the status quo to find new, more effective tools and methods for accomplishing tasks.
- Have a proven ability to lead and facilitate in a team environment and build consensus in a positive manner with team members and customers.
- Have a desire to gain awareness on the impact of external and internal events on the broader organization.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Post-Secondary education in technical or management discipline or equivalent in education and experience.
- 2-5 years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably in corn wet milling.
- Demonstrated strong planning, organizing and time management skills; proven ability to coordinate and handle effectively a variety of assignments simultaneously and identify and resolve inner-group and interpersonal conflicts.
- Decision making ability, planning and time-management skills.
- Committed to creating and maintaining a work environment that adds value
- Ability to manage a dynamic manufacturing environment, interacting and communicating across functional lines and levels.
- Ability to train and coach others to improve performance.
- Ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Able to conduct effective meetings and communicate in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use various computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office, SAP, Wiki, and others
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
Yes, Within Region