Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Demand Planner role creates, reviews, publishes, and refines demand forecasts across multiple hierarchies to deliver high-quality and consistently improving demand projections to ensure the right product, at the right place, at the right time. This role works closely with the IBP Demand lead and owns the system executional step of the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process and drives alignment with cross-functional partners such as sales, marketing, and supply chain to achieve world class forecast accuracy and bias which supports a coordinated service level and inventory strategy with supply planning. The Demand Planner has item and location mix responsibility within the business unit that s/he supports. The duties include: working with marketing, sales, and other departments to understand the drivers of demand and forecasting implications of activities, working with Supply Chain teams to support case fill and inventory objectives, as well as, to bring visibility to long term forecasts for capacity, raw material and commodity procurement, and playing a key role to develop and execute the strategic direction for objectives in improving forecast accuracy and bias.
Analyzing and Adjusting Forecast (50%)
- Validate and analyze the forecast to ensure IBP direction and accuracy of forecast are applied
- Utilize, advise, and collaboratively create KPI#39;s, tools, and diagnostics to assure continual improvement efforts
- Monitor and adjust statistical models, advise and support demand sensing (as available) and ensure that forecast supports network optimization efforts to ensure solid baseline intelligence from a supply chain perspective
Driving Team Process Improvements (20%)
- Initiates and implements process improvement projects to enhance efficiencies, forecast accuracy, and bias results. Owns, maintains, and enhances process documentation.
Addressing Cross Functional Needs and Impact to Forecast (30%)
- Coordinate and implement inter-functional resolution of day to day challenges related to demand and supply/sales/marketing discrepancies while ensuring that action plans on key day to day exceptions situations are communicated to appropriate stakeholders and/or platforms
- Ensure a robust new item and seasonal item forecast has been created in SAP in a timely manner. This includes inquiring and utilizing key cross-functional inputs and collaborates with Supply Planners and Sales Operations to develop and execute strategies for new items and items to be transitioned or discontinued.
- Maintains superior data quality by ensuring that the data sources (Sales, IT, and Financial systems) are under control and in a continuous improvement stage. Ensures that planning software interfaces and parameters maintenance have been documented and reasonable processes developed. Administers appropriate product, customer, and location hierarchy as well as other forecasting model parameters.
COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE
- Develops item, location, weekly forecasts for a 24-month rolling horizon for a subset of brands using historical trends, customer intelligence, statistical models, and other demand inputs which provides a signal for the broader organization.
- Plays an "influencer" role to impact and steer actions of individuals that s/he has no direct authority over.
- Interprets complex data to provide analysis, forecast perspective, and conclusions in a meaningful format.
- Able to problem solve and find resolution to conflicting information through both clear communication and analysis
- Minimizes inconsistencies in information as this position works between and within numerous platforms to obtain all required information to manage the business, e.g., SAP, EPM, E4, and various reporting tools.
- Develops disciplined processes, tools, and techniques while responding to changing needs within the business while coordinating process development within the team
- Addresses planning/forecasting related issues that are identified through accuracy reports or brought to the table by stakeholders by evaluating the problems and finding the best course of action.
- This position is challenged with testing highly complex, new software for functionality, while still completing everyday job assignments.
- Bachelor s Degree is required.
- 2+ years of relevant business experience
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel
- Problem solving skills
- Strong comfort with other Microsoft Programs (i.e. Outlook, Power Point, Word, etc.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED)
- SAP APO and MicroStrategy experience
- Educational background in Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, mathematics or related field
- Other analytical expertise/experience with Power BI, Power Pivots, Access, or similar programs
- Cross functional experience and collaboration experience
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.