Sabra is looking for a Deduction Associate to be responsible for accurate and timely deduction resolutions and check request processing while working with internal and external customers to resolve deduction disputes. As part of a broader accounting team, the ideal person should be able to work well independently or in a team environment and also be able to communicate well verbally/written with different departments
Feel Good Careers @ Sabra Dipping Company
Sabra started at a small factory in Astoria, New York, but we always knew we were onto something big. As a joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo, we’ve grown to be the number one Hummus company in the world. If you have a real passion for food and think Hummus is as magical as we do, join our team.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into This Role
- Manage trade deduction line items within portfolio – ensure all check remittance information has been attached to the open deduction, lump sum deductions have been itemized, the relevant backup has been retained and attached, and the deductions have been coded for the validation process
- Perform pre-validation steps within 10 days of receiving the deduction and report delays/issues to the Deductions Analyst and Manager in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Treasury team to investigate and resolve issues with deduction creation during the cash application process; report delays to Deductions Analyst
- Perform collection efforts on deductions deemed invalid and regularly report progress to the Deductions Manager
- Submit invoices for check payments in an accurate and timely manner
- Able to multi-task in a growing environment
- Other duties as assigned
Recipe for Success
- Associate Degree is strongly preferred, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in an accounting or finance role
- CPG experience is a plus
- Independent thought-leader; self-motivated and self-directed work style; ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to thrive in a high paced work environment, pay close attention to detail and meet business-driven deadlines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills (pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Prioritization and resource utilization abilities
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.