Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Data Architect – Business Intelligence works closely with customers and stakeholders in partnership with the Senior Solution Architect in an Agile manner to design end to end BI solutions. This includes data modeling, meta data support, development, testing and implementation.
In this role, the Data Architect works on hand-offs to the support team and should be able to assess the impact of any change to the overall architecture and guide offshore development teams.
The Data Architect must be proficient in data management and business intelligence technologies and must be prepared to develop and enforce standards in support of project and continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- (25%) Collaborating with solution architects to understand the overall solution concept in support of a project or continuous improvement effort. Working with customers of BI Platform Services to understand business needs with respect to data and analytics in order to determine optimal solutions.
- (30%) Developing high-level and detailed design documents for projects and continuous improvement efforts. Develop data modeling, meta data support, development and testing for enterprise wide data solutions.
- (15%) Leading code reviews with the development team, ensuring adherence to development standards and overall best practices. Facilitate software change management across development, test, and production landscapes.
- (20%) Overseeing the completion of projects using project management skills including planning; assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- (10%) Maintaining proficiency with the tools in the current and strategic analytical portfolio through both formal and on-the-job training. Work with solution architects to evaluate and recommend new DW and BI tools that further the goals of the BI Platform Services team and the business overall.
- Independent, working under only general instructions and expected to determine how to accomplish the work assignment, operating with considerable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
- Responsible for working across enterprise technology platforms and in various business units and functional area.
- Responsible for good technical knowledge of back-end and front-end applications.
- Responsible for understanding business application functionality and architecture of multiple BI application.
- Ability to lead development efforts and work with external service providers.
We are looking for the following abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in Computer Science or Information Systems (strongly desired) Advanced degree and./or system certification(s) are preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of data warehousing experience.
- Experience with BI tools desired.
At least 1 of the following certifications:
- Cloud platform - Azure (preferred / or similar), ETL tools Informatica (preferred / or similar), Database technology / modeling – Snowflake, SQL Server (preferred / or similar)
- BI tools certification - Tableau or Microsoft Power BI desired.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have relational and dimensional database experience, experience with OLAP / MDX queries, experience with both ETL and ELT models, cloud solution architecture and development experience strongly desired.
- BI tool experience, Microsoft Power BI and/or Tableau strongly desired.
- Experience working with external service providers desired.
- Experience using Open source tools for BI / DW development desired.
- Experience working with Agile methodology desired.