Dairy Technology Account Manager – CO/KS/NM/TX – Remote
We are looking for a Dairy Technology Account Manager that is an experienced sales professional with deep experience in the U.S. dairy industry. This person serves as a dairy consultant, understanding the challenges and goals of the farm, and providing solutions that our client is offering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops long-lasting business relationships with key customers and industry influences to support our client’s market position
- Cultivates intimate knowledge of customer and prospect farms; their goals, challenges and future path
- Functions as a consultative partner that marries data to real-world customer scenarios and leverages that connection to deliver value to dairy operations.
- Leverages human resources by developing an entrepreneurial team environment, fastening consistency in performance expectations and focusing on individual growth and development
- Functions as the primary liaison between the company and U.S. dairy farm with +2K milking cows
- Maintains business acumen relevant to progressive dairy production, including but not limited to herd management software, animal identification and monitoring systems, etc.
- Develops sales plans (Plan of Action) and strategies to penetrate new markets and increase market share and profitability of territory
- Represents company at industry trade shows and meetings with specific emphasis on speaking engagements and workshops
- Prospect and contact potential customers via farm visits as well as by phone and email; within the territory’s defined monthly goals
- Keeps in-office Team up-to-date on market conditions, competitive situations and new product development opportunities
- Participates in the resolution of customer billing or collection problems
- Executes sales and marketing programs
- Meets or exceeds assigned budgeted sales revenues for assigned territory
- Participates in annual budgeting process
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements
- Works with staff to ensure accurate forecasting of sales
- Bachelor’s degree in animal science, agricultural business or other related field
- Sales experience (4 or more years preferred)
- Experience within the dairy sales and service, production industries, candidates with dairy genetic experience preferred
- Direct experience with personal computer, keyboard and software packages including dairy herd management software (ex: DairyComp305, BoviSync, PCDART, etc.) Microsoft Office and CRM
- Ability to generate correlative models, statistical models, proportions, percentages and volume
- Math skills will be primarily used to translate and communicate value of genomic data, secondarily to assist in long-term breeding strategy development
- Computer used in 70% of job activities
- 50-60% of time spent on overnight travel
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Harper at email@example.com.