Who are we?
Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
The Dairy Ingredient Sales Manager (DISM) owns the selling activities and customer relationships for strategic customers. The DISM is responsible for prioritizing opportunities for growth and maximizing current business. The role requires understanding of customer opportunities and timelines, developing plans to execute and identifying resources needed to make the sale. The DISM is accountable for working cross-functionally to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction. The DISM is responsible for championing the drive towards value creation and continuous growth through customer intimacy and satisfaction.
- Develop strategic plan for defined sales territory segment that will best allow the organization to achieve financial targets (Volume, Revenue, Gross Margin).
- Work cross functionally with the sales, supply chain, production, quality, and finance teams to implement sales strategies to market milk through processing facilities.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with customer accounts within sales territory and developing customer plans that are consistent with the overall MMPA strategic plan.
- Sell new ideas, dairy solutions, and products, to assigned customers and MMPA management.
- Monitor market adjustments, share customer knowledge, insight, and experiences with other account managers when appropriate, maintaining an awareness of customer confidentiality practices.
- Develop, communicate, and implement sales, business growth and profit objectives
- In conjunction with Finance department, effectively manage account receivables, debtors and credit limits.
- Provide MMPA leadership with regular updates on customer plans, deliverables and progress
- Monitor customer complaints and corrective actions through process for prompt resolution.
- Ensure efficient, seamless customer services through monitoring customer interfaces and providing feedback to relevant parties.
- Produce various reports related to sales.
- Perform other Duties as required.
· Demonstrated history of developing customers and growing profitable relationships with a minimum of 5 years sales experience is preferred.
· Advanced dairy product knowledge, including a clear understanding of market dynamics as they relate to market volatility, the Federal Milk Marketing Order (FMMO), and the financial impact the FMMO rules and regulations have on MMPA.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business management, or its equivalent in experience is required.
· Solid organizational, leadership, and time management skills.
· Analytical and problem-solution oriented mindset
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and possess the ability to develop sales presentations.
· Travel required up to 30%
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer