Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the general direction of the Plant Engineer, provides leadership and direction to the plant maintenance mechanics/department. Develops, implements and oversees sound preventative maintenance and maintenance training programs designed to maximize production efficiencies by reducing downtime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes maintenance guidelines and procedures in order to maintain consistency of operations and quality product output.
- Directs, instructs, and assists maintenance mechanics in equipment repair and/or replacement.
- Establishes and maintains a sound computerized preventative maintenance program at York Street facilities.
- Works with Purchasing Department to insure a suitable level of parts inventory.
- Maintains responsibility for all building and equipment maintenance, including an on-going machine lubrication program.
- Develops, implements and oversees an on-going training program designed to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance department.
- Monitors waste treatment and disposal to insure regulatory compliance.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Plant Management, Traffic/Distribution, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, etc., for more efficient operation.
- Devises and recommends equipment automation to reduce or eliminate manual labor costs or production inefficiencies.
- Works closely with the Plant Engineer and outside contractors to insure the timely and accurate completion of all special project assignments.
- Completes all forms, paperwork and records on a timely basis.
- Maintains responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the corporate safety program within the maintenance department.
- Maintains overall responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the corporate progressive disciplinary program within the maintenance department.
- Maintains budgetary parameters established in conjunction with the Plant Engineer.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by the Plant Engineer or Vice President - Manufacturing Operations.
Directly supervises 4-8 employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate#39;s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.