This role is responsible for clarifying customer needs and requests, capturing them for visibility to the rest of the organization, and for ushering customer requests through SunOptas internal processes to ensure on-time delivery. The Customer Service Representative II partners with the Commercial team and cross-functional leaders to build and carry out strategies to ensure the maintenance and growth of customer relationships through collaboration with operations teams, planners, and provide World Class Customer Service. The Customer Service Representative II is our primary link to the customer for the receipt, management, and fulfillment of their product orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities\:
- Manage customer blanket orders and execute releases against order volumes. Receive customer requests and orders, enter/validate, and track through internal systems and tools including Oracle ERP, AX-DAX, Agvantage, and offline systems as appropriate.
- Ensure customer orders are entered accurately, compliant with terms and conditions, and highlight variances for action.
- Partner with Planning, Logistics, Operations, and company leaders as needed to ensure product quantity and date availability to meet customer needs. Communicate to all impacted partners when issues or delays arise and strive to resolve issues immediately. Request changes in production schedules to meet customer requests for products and escalate as necessary so customer needs are met.
- Validate that required customer documentation is created and/or delivered as required for shipping, customer receipt/acceptance, and invoicing.
- Analyze the daily Open Orders Report, and Order Detail (OTIF) Report and/or Daily Customer Order Monitoring Report to ensure all orders ship complete and on time. Drive corrective action and for missed shipments and cut product and escalate as needed.
- Validate and support the close out of the order process to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and revenue reporting.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact to customers and liaise with Sales Executive to understand the customer and SunOptas partnership strategy.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers to provide information in the quantity, timeframes, and vehicles most important for each. Respond promptly to all customer inquiries, including order status, shipments completed, delays or problems with their orders and other requests.
- Provide support to sales team and brokers in support of customer requests for information.
- Prepare, analyze, and deliver accurate and timely reports to internal partners and customers.
- Proactively identify potential problems with supply and timely shipments; build solution-based action plans.
- Act as backup to Sales Executive for special projects and customer requests for information and drive implementation with cross-functional teams.
- review inventory status, production planning, reporting and other reports and make decisions in the best interest of the customer and SunOpta,Lead internal and customer meetings to
- As applicable to business segment and/or customer type, track customer order patterns against expected demand, forecasts, and historical demand; escalate differences to Sales Executive and cross-functional partners to evaluate and drive action based on root cause.
- As applicable to business segment, receive customer feedback, including complaints and issues, track them, and assist in the resolution and communication of solutions back to the customer. Partner with Quality Assurance, Legal, Warehouse, Logistics, Production and/or other internal team members as needed for resolution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four- year college or university program certificate; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Course of study in Accounting, Supply Chain, or Business Management strongly preferred.
- 3- 5 years of customer service experience in a business to business, manufacturing environment, preferably in a retail food production company.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relations via all lines of communication.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and EDI software; Oracle ERP and/or Microsoft AX-DAX is a plus.
- Solid analytical skills and high detail orientation are critical to success in this role.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are necessary due to the significant interactions required to ensure alignment and coordination across the groups.
- Candidate should be flexible and able to quickly adjust as the situation changes.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to write simple correspondence. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to work with customers, operations personnel, sales personnel, and outside warehouse management personnel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Logistics and/or warehousing experience is a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer