Join Our Community of Food People!
Provide contact and liaison between customers, the sales team and internal departments. Process incoming orders; receive, evaluate, and respond to written or telephoned customer inquiries in a timely manner. Work within established guidelines in order to achieve the objectives of the service agreement consistent with customer expectations, company policy and profit and quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive inbound calls and place outbound calls to customers in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders, or to obtain details of complaints.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolve customers#39; service or billing complaints; check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers#39; problems.
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim results and any planned adjustments; refer unresolved customer complaints to designated departments for further action.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Coordinate same-day deliveries and pickups for customers. Process pickup requests from customers and Division Sales teams. Respond to delivery/routing questions and issues from customers.
- Respond to product inquiries from customers.
- Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices, and prepare invoices for returned goods.
- Contact all customers affected by product recalls and withdrawals.
- Recommend improvements in products, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems.
Internal: Sales, Operations / Distribution / Support
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Degree desirable.
Related Experience: Minimum of three years experience in customer service call center environment required. Experience in food service distribution a plus.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent verbal communication skills and problem resolution ability required. Should be familiar with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook). CRM / Phone Technology experience preferred
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***