Established in 1980, Oregon Spice Company provides superior quality herbs, spices, and custom blends to food manufacturers and foodservice distributors. A locally owned company, located in NE Portland close to the airport, we are committed to being outstanding in all we do. A supportive and healthy work environment is of paramount importance. Our values are reflected in how we treat our team members, with the average length of employment close to a decade. We have an opening for a Customer Sales Support Manager.
Working closely with the Customer Service Lead, you would be responsible for assisting the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service Team, ensuring that all customer needs are met in a timely and professional manner.
What you will do:
- Receive and process customer orders received via fax, phone, e-mail, etc. Orders are entered into ERP system and send order acknowledgement back via email.
- Communicate with customers regarding issues such as order status, shortages, price changes.
- Send processed orders to production floor for fulfillment, and document into JIRA.
- Update ERP system with all price updates received from sales via email. Run pricing spreadsheet and update all list pricing within ERP system when updated costing provided.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls for company
- Review completed order and process through account specific special requirements.
- Quote all freight shipments through portal site according to customer's request (including UPS, LTL, Truckload) to secure freight for customer's shipment; process order through internal shipping process which includes printing BOL, packing slip, shipping labels and invoice for order.
- Send invoices to customer once order has shipped, process credit card according to customer's terms
- Support sales team with their request for samples, order status, inventory status, pricing, etc.
- Communicate with OSC salespeople on a regular basis regarding activities within their respective accounts
- Enter all customer complaints into database to allow for internal review. Respond to customer in regard to complaint when information provided.
- File all order invoice packets in designated file location
- Review all orders at end of month and adjust ship dates as necessary.
- Responsible for training and/or delegating all training for new Customer Service Representatives
- Be key contact with CSM is out of office for any inquiries and/or escalated situations
- Work on special Excel and Word projects as needed per sales/office staff.
- Provides additional administrative support to the upper management team.
- Approve all attendance records for Customer Service Team - including bi-weekly timecards, time off request, etc while making sure department needs will be covered
- Work with internal team and attend new product meetings
- Attend internal scheduling meetings to ensure all customer orders are being processed correctly
- Attend weekly manager meeting and report out month to date numbers, and any challenges for team
- Support the Account Manager when out of office to make sure our key customer's needs are still being taking care of during that time
- Shall adhere to Oregon Spice Company Food Safety and Quality Fundamentals.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, some college course work preferred
- Strong Computer Skills: MS Office Suite
- Strong Data Entry Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Customer Service Experience
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Adaptable to change
- ERP system experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong attendance in a prior role
What you will get:
- Medical and Vision insurance with employer contributions towards costs
- 100% employer-sponsored Dental
- 100% employer-sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays Paid Sick and Vacation time
Pay: $60k annually/ DOE