Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
The Customer Service/Samples Lead (FTC) is responsible for managing accurate and timely fulfillment of all direct to consumer and sample orders within established lead times. Based at our HQ & Production facility, this role supports Mezzetta’s brand reputation by providing a high level of service to consumers.
- Process, pack & ship consumer orders received via phone or web based within 3 business days of receipt
- Process, pack & ship sample orders within established lead time or in accordance with special instructions from the sales, marketing or other departments
- Process orders through the utilization of Macola ERP system
- Execute special projects as needed, such as new product sample mailings or marketing campaigns anticipating and planning for challenges around project execution
- Maintain tracking records related to samples and consumer shipments and provide reporting as requested.
- Proactively reviews requested delivery dates for sample orders and offer shipment options to minimize freight costs and maintain avg cost per case aligned with MO target/budget
- Assist QA with shipment of state lab samples
- Schedules outbound parcel shipments with parcel companies such as UPS, FedEx, USPS
- Provides direction to support team to insure accurate and on time processing of requests
- Order and maintain supplies required for Sample Room.
- Maintain inventory and replenishment of products in the sample room and verify that all are in good condition and properly dated in accordance with Mezzetta standards for high quality.
- Coordinates the proper stock rotation in an organized fashion that allows for the utilization of FIFO by other departments.
- Manages Samples/Consumer email in box
- Receives all inbound parcel deliveries, notifies consignee and ensures safe keeping until picked up.
- Prepare weekly UPS invoice for manager signoff, includes validating/disputing charges.
- Responsible for developing full working knowledge of all carrier resource tools and consumer website.
- Develop/ Maintain SOPs, forms and guidelines for sample and consumer order processing
- Provide backup support shipping desk when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years general office and customer service experience, preferably in both manufacturing and consumer contact environments.
- Able to perform light manual labor (packing, lifting and moving boxes up to 40 lbs) and enjoys variety of performing both desk work and physical labor
- Bilingual Spanish/English highly preferred
- Intermediate computer knowledge (Excel, Microsoft Office)
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Problem solving skills & organizational skills
- Must have attention to detail and good written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment
- Very reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of WMS using RF scanner hardware a plus
- Advanced Operating system a plus
- Manufacturing work environment – must be able to work in a range of temperatures and humidity (heat and cold)
- Ability to work around heavy equipment and product machinery
- Lifting and moving product and or equipment (40lbs)
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
At Mezzetta, we embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where you know you belong. Part of that commitment includes a zero-tolerance policy and being an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Mezzetta are solely based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, family or parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. All of us share in the responsibility of fulfilling this commitment and creating a culture where our team can thrive.