Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Sales Lead – Target & eCommerce is responsible for leading the development and implementation of business plans across Target & Target.com platforms. The CSL will be focused on total volume, profit and share growth of the Campbell portfolio, specific to Soup, Broth, Meals, Baby & Beverage brands. Responsibilities include proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and updating the overall business plan to meet and/or exceed all volume, profit and share objectives, as well as identifying opportunities for growth. The CSL will also be responsible for implementing brand strategies and tactics with customers by working closely with key decision makers (internal and external).
- Deliver annual operating plan for sales, profit and trade management for assigned Target & Target.com account
- Develop and execute joint business plan, including managing sales and margin via Target’s planning system
- Proactively monitor and update the customer's overall business plan, including managing trade budgets, spending, and volume, to achieve all sales objectives versus plan via e4 tool.
- Initiate ideas with input from Target and leverage Sales Planning, Marketing, Supply Chain, co-packers, as determined, and the brand teams to develop custom ideas.
- Identify, connect and develop new Ecommerce relationships with Target.com and category buyers.
- Create ecommerce solutions to ensure product availability across all channels (click & collet, ship to home, and delivery)
- Partner to deliver best in class content across brands.
- Conduct post event analysis to evaluate programming, consumption, profit, and spending results versus plan and leverage findings to maximize future opportunities.
- Conduct category business strategy sessions to discuss the state of the business, consumer trends, key business drivers, incremental opportunities, etc. Leverage team-dedicated Insight and Category Management resources appropriately.
- Understand Campbell's brand strategies and tactics and implement them by working closely with the customer's key decision makers, including buyers, category managers, merchandising leaders, etc.
- Lead the customer in the execution of category assessments.
- Develop accurate monthly forecasts to maximize supply chain efficiencies by tracking shipments, consumption data and inventory changes. Proactively call out potential risks or threats to monthly forecasts.
- Sell-in new items to customer and work with key customer personnel to achieve optimal distribution.
- Leverage Customer Marketing resources to develop and implement collaborative marketing programs in alignment with brand and customer strategies.
- Also responsible for directing, communicating and day-to-day management of the Regional Buying facilities
- 10-20% Travel expected
- The ability to organize and synthesize data and communicate succinct, actionable insights is critical.
- Able to assess any customer's competitive position, behaviors and strategies and understand how they align with Campbell's strategic goals to help determine a customer investment strategy (use of trade, customer marketing, and integrated marketing equities) that will best support a customer's revenue, profit and share growth.
- Develop productive working relationship with key, decision makers within the customer's organizational structure.
- Initiate new product, package/label innovation, and deliver methods.
- Manage several key customer touch points Responsible for managing a 3rd party broker.
- Requires cross-functional interaction within the customer team (e.g., Finance, Category Management, Customer Marketing, etc.) as well as with World Headquarter personnel (e.g., Integrated Marketing, Brand Strategy, Finance, etc.)
- Trade fund and margin management requires strong understanding of and experience with P&L management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities preferred
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, with a high level of drive and energy and the ability to consistently deliver results
- Independent, but also work well in a team setting, with strong inter-personal and customer relationship skills
- Strong organization, analytic and verbal & written communication skills a must
- Effective communicator and able to create and deliver persuasive professional presentations
- Ability to balance and prioritize request from multiple stakeholders
- Quick learner, self-directed, and detail oriented
- Must be flexible, agile, & adaptable and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Able to plan, schedule, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Category & Brand Knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Supply Chain operations preferred
- Minimum education required: Bachelor education required
- Years of relevant experience: 5-7+ years
- Experience with Target or other eCommerce and Omni retailers (CPG focus needed)
- Experience with Syndicated Data (IRI or AC Nielsen, retailer loyalty card, retailer POS) preferred
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required: Sales experience preferably with Club & eCommerce, Financial acumen and trade management preferred
- Computer Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Experience with internal computer systems for data gathering and interpretation.)
- Location: Preferably based in greater Minneapolis, MN
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.