Custom Services Manager
We are seeking a seasoned people manager to join our fast-growing team! You are passionate about working with team members, processes, and building them both together. You ensure we meet production demands allowing our customers to have all the Torani they want when they want it all over the world. You are an expert in developing team members and ensuring they know the necessary “why behind the what” on all processes and procedures. Whether getting your hands dirty on the production floor or in your workspace, you have a collaborative and uniting nature that is infectious—our team is very motivated to learn from you!
You are an experienced leader who can successfully drive organizational change by implementing key initiatives that build a deep and increasing commitment to Safety, Quality & Service. You are a visionary who can create the road map to the future of Custom Services, through the cost-effective utilization of technology, planning, and most of all team member development!
You are adapting to changing demands in a dynamic work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines for the team. You are committed to continuously improving all aspects of Custom Services to scale output and support double-digit growth!
Success Factors (First 12-18 Months)
- Leadership and Team Development: You are mentoring and developing team members through a “lead-by-example” approach. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. All team members and other leaders in the Flavor Operations group are kept in the loop and informed on a regular basis. You manage the overall Custom Services budget working with your Senior Operations Manager to monitor expenditures, labor costs, and capital projects to ensure adherence to department budgets. You ensure staffing levels and skills levels are aligned per shift to support efficiency and reliability. You assess skill gaps and develop training programs to ensure the Custom Services team can meet the technical requirements of all work performed. Regular feedback and coaching are the norm, and every team member has a thoughtful personal development plan in place.
- Service Delivery Advocate: Internal and external customers are wowed by the excellent and consistent output your team provides on a day-to-day basis. You are working closely with the Sales, Customer Service, Warehouse, and Transportation teams to develop and achieve KPIs related to on time and accurate customer order fulfillment, asset reliability, and productivity. You are a people AND technical leader providing operations expertise to the organization while developing your team. The superior service delivery from your Team contributes to our ability to Grow Baby Grow!
- Continuous Improvement: Through deep team member engagement you are leading efforts to show scalable and sustainable improvements in the Custom Services area. You routinely provide leadership to guide the team through effective root cause analysis and corrective action. You provide a detailed focus to internal quality controls that ensure all finished products are defect free the first time, every time.
- Safety & Sustainability: You always see things through a lens of safety. You are building programs to ensure compliance, consistency, and commitment to safe work practices. Additionally, you drive safety meetings and recurring safety activities while collaborating with other Flavor Operations leaders. You use safe behavior observations to mitigate safety risks by assessing potential hazards, developing & implementing solutions, and evaluating their effectiveness.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 5 years of people leadership experience & team builder.
- Manufacturing or Warehousing experience required.
- Experience with the following focused improvement tools preferred but not required
- 6 Sigma
- DMAIC and Kaizen
- Other Lean Manufacturing Tools
- Live in SF bay area, or willing to relocate at own expense
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship