Do you enjoy physical work and keeping busy every day? Then this is the right role for you! Reporting to the Sanitation Manager you are responsible for performing general cleaning duties inside and outside of Griffith Foods facilities as assigned. Areas inside the building include offices, washrooms, Locker change rooms, production area, warehouse and laboratories and externally clearing snow in the winter months.
- Performs assignments in accordance with the Master Sanitation Schedule work Instructions.
- Performs cleaning of all areas of the facility including equipment:
- Pressure Washing.
- Power Scrubbing.
- Sweeping, Dusting, Mopping.
- Checks, cleans and maintains sanitary condition of silo penthouses, cleans and changes bin vent socks, and maintains master sanitation schedule of all silo houses.
- Loads all recycled containers on trailer and coordinates pickups with contractor.
- Coordinates removal of all scrap product with contractor, cleans and maintains designated scrap product removal area.
- Cleans all scrap product containers and logs clean up information in a logbook.
- Responsible for dust collector cleaning schedule for 24 dust collectors. Changes socks, verifies safety conditions prior to clean up and documents confined space entry permits.
- Ensures all garbage containers are emptied as scheduled.
- Cleans and sanitizes drains in as per Food safety requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Understands and follows all security policies.
- High School diploma-required
- Confined space experience-an asset
- Experience working in a manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment-an asset
Ability to list 25-50lbs required
- Work does require working at heights, on ladders and or skyjacks
What We Offer (*):
- Health and Group Benefits (100% of premiums paid by Griffith foods)
- Education reimbursement program
- Life event recognition and on the job recognition
- Generous defined contribution retirement plan
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Annual wellness allowance
- Annual incentive
*please note that terms and conditions apply
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Griffith Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please advise us and we will accommodate at the time of interview.