Orion Food Systems is currently seeking a Culinary Intern to join our Research and Development team for the summer of 2020. Our R&D team is responsible for the execution of new product strategy, concept development, product formulation, and process development to enable Orion Food Systems to excel in the marketplace. As our Culinary Intern, you will leverage strong innovation, project leadership, and technical problem-solving skills, to create new recipes and improve existing products and processes. At Orion Food Systems, our passion is to continue to expand the category through menu innovation, service and product quality.
Orion Food Systems makes the quick service restaurant industry easy to digest. We were recently ranked ##1 in the Miscellaneous Quick-Service Restaurant category of Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500.
Location of Internship: Sioux Falls, SD.
Duration: 12 Weeks
Hours: 40 hours/week
- Assist the research and development team on the commercialization of new and reformulated products to include: bench top sample preparation, formulation, materials sourcing, product costing, plant trials, food safety planning, acceptance testing, development and shelf life testing.
- Provide innovative ideas and develop new recipes and products for our franchise and private label business with direction.
- Learn and understand franchise and private label business and apply knowledge to product development and product improvement.
- Learn how to use and program cooking equipment across multiple platforms.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment all while following established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs, ServSafe and safety.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards an associates or bachelor#39;s degree in Food Science, Culinology, Culinary Nutrition, Culinary Science or a related field.
- Taken a Food Science Product Development Classes is a plus.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the summer internship term.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e. g. making presentations and writing technical reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).