The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This Simplot Grower Solutions role provides customer service to growers through the sale of crop nutrition, crop protection, seed, specialty, technology and other agronomic products and consultative services. The role is led under the general direction of the Area Sales Manager, who provides support and leadership to all Crop Advisors within specifically recognized agronomic geographies to achieve the Company#39;s financial goals and operational objectives.
Role is located in Roanoke, Illinois.
- Maintain customer agronomic records, assist in establishing customer financial records and collaborate with the Area Financial Services Manager in the establishment of credit and resolution of credit matters.
- Collaborate with other Crop Advisors, as directed by Area Manager and/or Market Manager, to increase knowledge, develop sales, marketing, manage customer relationships and increase profits in the Sales Area.
- Work with Area Manager and Market Manager on developing marketing plans and pricing strategies.
- Ensure adequate follow-through in regards to operational aspects of the business such as delivery, application and billing are handled appropriately.
- Miscellaneous duties such as attending meetings, training sessions and providing back-up to operational personnel.
- Market products to growers by initiating sales calls, providing advice and consultative services, and monitoring individualized agronomic programs in respect to use of crop protection, crop nutrition, seed, specialty, technology and other related areas.
Bachelor#39;s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
3+ years related experience and/or training
CCA qualification required within 3 years of start date
Job Requisition ID: 2684
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Pay Grade: Global Grade 4
Location(s): Roanoke, Illinois
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian