McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a 2nd Shift Crew Leader reporting to a Team Manager. This individual will work at the Salinas Distribution Center located in Salinas, CA
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays, sick time and vacations.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Through the direction of the Team Manager, the Crew Leader ensures overall performance of the team to meet objectives for scorecard metrics and OGSM#39;s for cost quality, safety, sanitation, service, sustainability, organizational health, GMPs, and distribution reliability. Other responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the growth of the High Performance Work System, employee development, facilitating teamwork among team members, and encouraging continuous improvement.
- Participates in cross-functional problem solving.
- Investigates and communicates Root Cause Failure Analysis, including recommending and implementing resolutions.
- Ensures that all activities follow documented operating procedures and recommends updates to existing procedures as required.
- Coordinates and scheduling crew vacations requests and overtime as required.
- Monitors the movement of materials to ensure that all internal, external customer needs are met.
- Ensures all activities of team members adhere to standard operating procedures and facilitates teamwork among team members and across functions.
- Ensures HRPP, safety and GMP rules are followed. Coaches and develop team members.
- Conducts meetings daily for distribution updates; weekly for problem solving; monthly for development of team.
- Responsible for updating all process documentation in conjunction with Management and HR.
- Ensure all job specific training, cross training opportunities, individual and team growth and development for team members.
- Manages temp workforce in respective area including timekeeping duties.
- Work with manager to accomplish personal growth and development plan
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years Warehouse/Receiving/Shipping experience required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in supervisory or leadership capacity
- Proficient PC experience a preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP/ERP Lotus Notes, Word, & Excel preferred.
- Fork lift license required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate all types of material handling equipment, including reach, stand up, sit-down, walking transport and riding transporter.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership experience. Ability to direct the activities of others required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate teamwork required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form required.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and facilitate team and cross-functional meetings.
- Ability to gather performance data; and drive process improvement/change activities.
- Ability to train and cross train.
- Ensure that current best practices are being followed.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on an occassional basis
McCormick & Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status.