Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Cost Accounting Manager is a key business partner to Plant Controller, Plant Staff, and the broader Supply Chain Finance team.
The responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining the site s cost accounting structure which includes the creation of standard costs to be used in P/L forecasts, as well as the annual maintenance of all current standard costs
- Assist with the development of operating plans, forecasts, and financial analysis and reporting
- Assisting with timely and accurate financial closings
- Driving system of internal controls and ensures general ledger accounts are correctly stated and classified, and that financial reporting is prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). They interact with multiple cross functional team members both plant and network levels.
- Provides financial support on all aspects of plant supply chain management. Effectively communicates financial risks and opportunities to Plant Controller, plant management, and corporate.
- Supports all financial and accounting functions for the plant, including annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and the management accounting/reporting process. Reviews and advises the management team on all financial/budgetary requirements and develops financial goals in partnership with plant and corporate leadership. Ensures that plant goals and initiatives are developed in line with company values, strategic goals, and business plans.
- Assists with preparation of the plants financial reporting. Analyze and report manufacturing efficiency variances and determine corrective action requirements. Ensures items are correctly classified and all reporting is prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Leverages knowledge of cost accounting methods to analyze changes in product design, raw materials, overhead spending, and manufacturing methods to determine the effect on production costs.
- Participate as a key business partner to Plant Management team, contributing to plant strategy development and execution of annual plans that drive YoY improvements.
- Support plant/corporate Enabler (cost savings) programs toward driving YoY productivity improvements.
- Reviews control procedures over accounting and financial activities. Provides guidance to ensure that internal accounting controls are in place to protect company assets. Ensures an adequate system of internal control is maintained, and that general ledger accounts are correctly stated, maintains SOX compliance.
- May perform other duties as required
COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE
- Independent; works under only minimal instructions and expected to determine how to accomplish the work assignments.
- This role will act as a financial leader within the plant operations team with the ability to influence and provide direction in a variety of areas.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
5 + years
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED)
- CPA Preferred
- Years of relevant experience: 5+ years or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
% OF TRAVEL REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
Minimal travel may be required.
Office Environment; noise level is usually moderate.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.