JOB TITLE: Cost Accountant II
LOCATION: Baraboo, Wisconsin
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller
This position performs cost accounting duties for cooperative-wide manufacturing facilities to support the monthly closing process, provide cost and profitability estimates, support the annual budgeting process and development/verification of product standards/formulas, and perform item and formula management responsibilities, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and posting of cost accounting transactions as appropriate.
- Completing check-list for month-end financial preparation.
- Providing analysis for changes in plant profitability.
- Completing reconciliations of plant and corporate Balance Sheet accounts.
- Maintaining Key Measure files as appropriate.
- Maintaining, validating and reconciliation of monthly Costing data as assigned.
- Working with appropriate functions to develop new costing standards as needed.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation for new standards development and critical monthly procedures.
- Develop and performing formula validations and review.
- Documenting and maintaining standard formula evaluation methods.
- Monitoring and reporting variances on reformulations as appropriate.
- Preparing annual budget for assigned locations.
- Provide and load costing inputs for the annual budgeting process
- Develop various manufacturing related financial models and projections in support of all levels of the organization.
- Provide accurate inputs for the budgeting process complete with supporting documentation.
- Preparing annual standard costs for assigned locations into appropriate business systems.
- Communicating in regards to cost accounting, formulations and other related activities.
- Providing audit support.
- Preparing various government reports as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance, physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Occasional travel for work (up to 33% of the time).
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as dictated letters or memorandum, invoices, company policies and various documentation, paying particular attention to grammar. Ability to process routine reports and correspondences. Ability to speak effectively to and communicate with employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform calculations relating to cost and general ledger accounting. Ability to apply concepts of accounting and statistics.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of governmental laws and technical information furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Ability to read, analyze and conduct research relating to cost accounting topics. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, calculator, FAX, photocopier, telephone, postage machine, paper shredder, scanner, etc. The ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne participles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Protective Equipment No protective equipment is generally required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
This position requires a bachelor s degree in accounting or related field and three to five years of job-related experience.
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis.,is a world-class supplier of cheese, dairy products, and ingredients to national and international markets. As a dairy cooperative, we are owned by the 1,100 dairy farmers who supply our high-quality milk. Our flexible, diverse plant network allows us to manufacture products and ingredients that are most in-demand and provide a strong, secure market for our member-owners milk.
We re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we re working to be the world s best to Be Foremost we ll bring out the best in you.
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Please apply at: www.foremostfarms.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing is required, which could include a drug test, physical, audiogram, background check, education check and credit check.