Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver corporate headquarters, we are seeking a Corporate Safety Professional. The Corporate Safety Professional provides a key role in the dual support of corporate safety infrastructure and leadership of the Corporate Office Safety and Health Process. The corporate safety duties serve to satisfy support of all critical infrastructure in the form of policies, training, reporting, corrective action tracking, incident recordkeeping, website information, and maintaining contractor approval processes. This position and serves as the primary site safety resource for the corporate office, with the following functional safety areas: training and education, inspections, laboratory and manufacturing safety, employee engagement, pre-employment testing, regulatory compliance, incident analysis, and Emergency Response/First Aid. This position reports to the Associate Director of Safety.
We Ask Of You To:
Corporate Safety Infrastructure – Policy & Training
- Develops primary content and materials for policy and training, working closely with site safety professionals and the corporate safety team.
Corporate Monthly Reporting / Analysis
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of periodic safety reports for the organization.
- Continually improve on systems to collect and analyze data.
- Generate reports on trends as requested.
- Maintain files on safety alerts.
Contractor Safety Database
- Ensure contractor safety reviews are accurate and up to date.
- Maintain list of approved contractors and coordinate collection of information to maintain compliance with policy.
Company website & communication
- Maintain website, shared files, and online access in an up to date and accessible manner. Requirements may vary.
Denver Safety Management
- Provide on-site leadership and technical safety support to operations associated with the pilot plant, kitchen, and laboratory operations.
- Establish and maintain safety systems to achieve safety metrics, compliance, and culture.
- Maintain progress on professional development with goal of advancing to Safety Leadership position in manufacturing.
OFFERING YOU IN RETURN:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in safety management, production management, industrial technology or similar program. Preferred candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety.
- 5 years of safety experience in an industrial setting, preferably in the food industry.
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- 5 years with broad safety experience, with proven ability to implement programs to meet compliance.
- CSP or CIH certification desired upon hire. Certification required as part of a developmental plan.
At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically ranges between $ 66,037.92 and $ 89,150.88.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.