City Brewing Company, a leading contract manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for a Controls Technician at our Latrobe, PA facility.
The Controls Technician is responsible for installation and maintenance of various control systems used throughout the plant, as well as PLC programming & troubleshooting, and HMI application programming and maintenance. The candidate must be capable of maintaining Windows-based computers, installing software and upgrading applications as necessary.
This position requires a high level of technical competence and ability to grow competitive capabilities of the Company. It also requires that this individual understands company philosophy and helps achieve customer service and other company goals. Finally, this position requires an individual who is planful, articulate and above all else, resourceful to accomplish required objectives.
- Be fully capable of troubleshooting and repairing PLC systems. Candidates with Rockwell Control Logix, Compact Logix, SLC, and PLC5 experience are preferred. Must be able to use all supporting software for each of these platforms.
- Candidates must have prior experience with operator interfaces and be capable of troubleshooting those systems. Experience in Allen-Bradley Panel-View, Panel-View+, FactoryTalk SE, ME, and FactoryTalk View Studio software.
- Experience with electrical wiring diagrams, logic diagrams, P&ID diagrams, motor control schematics and specifications desired.
- Experience with loop controller, regulators, transducers, all discrete sensors, process controls, pressure transmitters, flow transmitters, temperature transmitters, pneumatics and control valves are desired.
- Experience in Allen-Bradley servo programming and controls, especially knowledge in Sercos control and Kinetix Servo Controllers.
- Experience in Allen-Bradley VFD programming, upgrading and maintenance. Proficiency with older (1336, 160, etc…) up to the latest drives (Powerflex 523 & 525 series) are necessary.
- Develop, improve and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Efficient with AutoCAD. Must be able to modify drawings as necessary, and keep revision records.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Review and evaluate existing and new processes, and conduct field measurements.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Maintain a neat and safe work area.
- Follow departmental safety practices and procedures.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate the ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Cooperatively work with other Managers/Supervisors by not placing his/her own department above the needs of the company as a whole.
- Develop and improve manufacturing methods for the production of product. This may include the selection, specification or machinery design/redesign to achieve the stated objective. It may also mean changes of production methods.
- Interface with vendors and bring knowledge and experience into the manufacturing practice when and where applicable,
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
- Write technical, maintenance and operating procedures when needed.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Controls Technician. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- Manufacturing experience totaling 4-8 years desirable.
- Work shifts (no rotating shifts).
- Demonstrated motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to adopt and express a view that may differ from that of organizational leadership.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under continuously changing business priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong Mathematical/Analytical skills. ? Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Position calls for self-motivated, self-directed person with broad general knowledge.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills.
- Associate degree in electronics or equivalent job related experience or military experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision requirements in close vision and the ability to adjust focus
City Brewing Company provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume, including salary requirements.