At Mariposa Dairy, we operate with honesty and integrity. We recognize the contributions of others and work together with all stakeholders for the mutual benefit of all. We treat others with fairness, equality and respect in all aspects of our business. We recognize and value the health and sustainability of the individual, the product offering, and the environment.
We are currently seeking a full-time Controller for our operations in Lindsay, Ontario. Our organization is a growing and dynamic business, and operates in our two facilities just off of Hwy. 36 in Lindsay, Ontario.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Controller is a key member of the management team and provides financial management guidance and related analyses to support operational, managerial and strategic decision making. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Controller will develop and evaluate financial plans and economic modeling and inform financial strategies that are beneficial to Mariposa Dairy Ltd.
The Controller is also responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the company, in conjunction with the requirements impose by the Board of Directors and any Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees of the Board, if applicable.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced individual, looking to grow with an organization. With several direct reports, the Controller is responsible for the daily activities and results, training and mentoring of staff and performance of staff to meet all deadlines with accurate and efficient processes and practices.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop strong and reliable budgets and forecasts, including WIP and cash-flow forecasts and subsequent performance monitoring quarterly and annually, or as needed
- Analyze cash flow projections, based on vendor and customer purchase orders, and other key inputs, to identify potential challenges.
- Develop short and long-term financial plans in alignment with the strategic plan
- Partner with the operations and sales teams establishing KPIs, dashboards, and performance metrics, providing valuable business intelligence insights
- Ensure records and systems are accurate, timely and maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Oversee the timely reconciliation and compliance of bank deposits and customer account relief, bank and credit card accounts, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, accounts payable/receivable
- Approve cost standards for the ERP system and provide accurate BOM’s for maximum costing to customers
- Oversee the systematic and continuous review of cost variances and develop action plans to improve results, correct inventory values or inform pricing
- Identify improvement areas for financial savings, possibility for extended terms, etc.
- Provide continuous improvement to processes and practices in a hands-on capacity. Drive efficiency within the finance team and the operations group that they interface with, including efficient systems and accurate data input.
- Coordinate year-end processes and preparation of financial statements for the external accountants, preparation of Tax and SR&ED submissions to the external accountants, and grant application, spending tracking, annual reporting and audit responses.
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial, and federal reporting requirements and other external agencies (Insurance, Stats Can, etc.)
- Review, approve and comply with external reporting requirements set out by financial institutions
- Assist in obtaining, and maintaining the necessary licenses and insurance required for the business
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree in Commerce or Business Administration
- 10 years’ experience in manufacturing/production environments (food industries preferred)
- CPA Designation
- Extensive manufacturing accounting experience and knowledge ERP, accounting systems, budgeting processes, internal controls, business planning and asset management
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations.
- Experience in negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, build and maintain strong working relationships with staff, departmental peers, leadership, key business partners, and government agencies
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and MS Dynamics Navision
Ability to attend and conduct presentations
Mariposa Dairy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mariposa; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon reference checks and employment verification.