Senior Director, Supply Chain Finance
The Plant Controller will be a key member of the Finance Team and is responsible for managing the plant’s day-to-day accounting and finance functions, as well as serving as steward of the plant P&L.
- Partner with plant General Manager to manage and optimize all aspects of the P&L, including revenue, COGS, freight, and other cost drivers.
- Drive efficiencies by managing the day-to-day accounting functions, month-end close, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop plant annual operating plans and quarterly forecasts, working cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, and Finance partners.
- Work closely with vendors to create and foster mutually beneficial relationships.
- Responsible for establishment and monitoring of trade, freight and other sales related accruals.
- Perform month-end close and monthly variance reporting.
- Perform periodic internal audits to ensure the existence and maintenance of an appropriate control environment within the plant.
- Responsible for integrity of financial systems and processes, including account reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain the company’s accounting policies and procedures, ensuring GAAP and Company policies are followed.
- Perform regular variance analysis and provides written and verbal explanations to management.
- Prepare financial and KPI reports and presents findings to management.
- Provide pricing and cost insights to support corporate pricing decisions.
- Drive cost savings and productivity initiatives, partnering with the Operations team to optimize the P&L.
- Support the capital evaluation and acquisition process, ensuring ROI and payback of investments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Financial/accounting management
- Agricultural or CPG insights
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cost accounting proficiency
- Performance management
- Ethical conduct
- Communication proficiency
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Action-oriented executor
- Complete compatibility with our corporate values
This is an individual contributor position with strong dotted line partnership to the Plant Operations Leadership team
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would entail the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, or stand, on a stool, as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor#39;s degree in accounting or finance.
- Five years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Full understanding of accounting and GAAP with experience in cost accounting.
- Cost accounting experience including Bill of Materials, Labor and Overhead accounting.
- Prior work experience as a Plant Controller or equivalent in a manufacturing environment.
- History of achieving goals with clear career progression & relationship continuity.
- Prior experience working with ERP systems.
- Strong planning, budgeting, and teaching skills.
- Expert level MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- CPA preferred
- MBA preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Teasdale Latin Foods will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization. All candidates are subject to a pre-employment drug screening and a background check.
Teasdale Latin Foods is a Drug-Free Workplace and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Teasdale Latin Foods complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Teasdale Latin Foods expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Teasdale Latin Foods’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice