The Contract Manufacturing & co-packing Sales Director will oversee the contract manufacturing business for Trilliant. The Sales Director will be responsible for identifying, executing and managing new manufacturing business growth and expansion opportunities for Trilliant. They will leverage and promote products and manufacturing capabilities, penetrate new markets and generate new business. Strong influencing and negotiation skills are required and are critical for prospecting new customers and markets and negotiating agreements.
- Initiate and execute in collaboration with management the strategic plan for the contract manufacturing business utilizing and optimizing existing assets and manufacturing capabilities.
- Research and identify target markets, conduct strategic analysis, develop and execute strategic business plan.
- Utilize contract manufacturing sales experience to identify strategic business opportunities and prospect new customers.
- Aggressively drive sales volume and close out deals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of and widely promote Trilliant manufacturing capabilities.
- Identify and present viable opportunities that align best with Trilliant Contract Manufacturing and co-packing business capabilities and assets.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in bid development and contract execution. Draft business contracts including quotes, proposals and agreements for prospective clients.
- Partner with Trilliant financial resources to track and communicate new revenue and earnings generated by Trilliant Contract Manufacturing.
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction by maintaining effective communications throughout and beyond the business development cycle.
- Manage and report sales funnel including assessment of potential, probabilities, timeline, and investments required.
- Will have responsibility for direct report management.
- Responsible for following food safety/regulatory policies and procedures, executing responsibilities as identified in standard operating procedures, and reporting food safety/regulatory concerns to the Production or Quality Manager.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in business, marketing or a related field. MBA a plus.
- 7+ years sales experience in contract manufacturing industries.
- Hunter focused personality with ability to be assertive in prospecting and cold calling new leads and closing deals.
- Resourceful at identifying new sales prospects and tools to close the deal.
- Experience conducting business and building strong relationships via phone & email, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to work at all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a business development strategy.
- Proven track record of successfully winning new business and sustaining contracts.
- Strong motivation and creativity to successfully reach prospects and initiate conversations.
- Self-starter, creative thinker with ability to motivate others.
- Strong understanding of sales methodology; outstanding selling abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to define KPI#39;s and analytics for tracking, measuring success, and reporting to management.
- Strong sense of urgency to drive action.
- Must be able to travel 50% or more.
- Strong leadership and cross-functional communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proven customer service and team development skills.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative skills
- Ability to drive consensus building
- Advanced MS Excel, Powerpoint and MS Office Suite
- Strong process and systems improvement skills and project leadership experience