The CI Supervisor is responsible for implementing all facets of the Continuous Improvement function. The position will assist the CI Manager or Plant Manager to ensure the facility implements and maintains the Hearthside Performance System (HPS) in all production areas. Assists with and/or facilitates all improvement projects relating to safety, quality and productivity, which lead to a reduction in OIR and DART, an improvement in first-pass quality and a reduction in customer complaints and product waste and an improvement in overall production through-put and efficiency.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with or responsible for leading, developing and assisting with tools to improve all areas of manufacturing.
- Assists and/or leads the way in cost reductions, improvements to safety and quality and through put.
- Works with customers, supplies and all levels of management staff.
- Assists with or responsible for managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Assist with or responsible for maintaining all documentation related to production tools in the automated tool box.
- Ensure the facility implements and maintains the Hearthside Performance System (HPS) in all production areas.
- May be required to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift or weekends from time to time.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
- Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Hearthside procurement, products, and production processes
- Knowledge and experience with SAP
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong self-confidence.
- Strong will to drive change.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with autonomy.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented and maintain the utmost confidentiality.
- Must have familiarity with the use of 5S and the principles involved.
- Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
- Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form.
- Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Excellent keyboarding, record keeping and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, while at the same time making sound decisions.
- Must have a strong will to drive change and sustain.
MS Office Suite, Excel, SAP and PP
- Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
- Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
- Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
- Reaching with hands/arms throughout the day.
- Ability to use hands and fingers.
- Ability to see, hear and talk.
- Required to sit approximately 50% of the day.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb and/or balance approximately 50% of the day.
- Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels.
- May be required to walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
- May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in business or related field preferred or combination of education and experience.
- 3(three) to 5(five) years experience in the Continuous Improvement (lean manufacturing) function; Bakery experience a plus.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), SQF and 5S preferred.
- TPM/Kaizen or Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus.