US-NC-Tar Heel US-NC-Clinton US-CA-Vernon US-IL-St. Charles US-WI-CudahyYour Opportunity
The Continuous Improvement Specialist identifies and implements process improvement opportunities. Responsible to identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction at a particular location. Provides advisement and recommendations to key management personnel to influence change and implement continuous process improvement programs.
- Evaluates plant efficiencies and drives cost savings by identifying and facilitating process improvement projects.
- Conducts root cause analysis to determine metrics and troubleshoot manufacturing/business and operational issues.
- Facilitates training/workshops to drive cultural change.
- Completes advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping.
- Develops and conducts compliance audits, program evaluations, and reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure change is sustainable.
- Lead cost reduction goals - monthly and annually.
- Partners with Operations and Engineering teams to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of new equipment installations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree from a regionally accredited college or University in Engineering, Science or related field and 2+ years of related experience and/or training required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Continuous Improvement and lean manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Demonstrated planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills.
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing \"Good food. Responsibly.®\" and have made us one of the world#39;s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan#39;s Famous®, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.