Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 40 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
The CI Specialist position has a solid line reporting to the Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement, and is responsible for supporting the delivery of key initiatives and projects designed to drive standardization and exceed annual continuous improvement goals.
- The CI Specialist should be responsible for implementing and driving standard work, including appropriate communication boards for a visual factory, and problem-solving systems focused on the core operation (Technicians, Front Line Leaders, etc.)
- The scope of work should include, but not limited to, to implementing standard work and recommending capital improvements. Additionally, this job will help to set expectations, manage communication and build a local continuous improvement program.
- The CI Specialist Continuously challenging the status quo to drive culture change at the Bakery towards a methodical, data driven approach to problem solving with an emphasis on root cause problem solving and sustaining improvements
- The CI Specialist should be responsible for leading Catalyst and Smart Apps deployment at Bakery to assess, measure and improve performance
- The CI Specialist shares site performance weekly and monthly with CI Leader
- The CI Specialist drives the development of Compelling Business Need and coach teams to align actions to attain the goals developed. Assure the proper level of skills and qualification reside at the Bakery to successfully deploy the skills needed for the CBN.
The CI Specialist role is responsible for supporting the launch, deployment, and ongoing management of the various initiatives/programs that are key levers within Weston Foods Manufacturing System (WFMS). These include - but may not be limited to:
- Provides training to shop-floor employees on tools relating to WFMS – Center lining, Visual management, Daily Direction Setting, SMED and 5S
- Participates and performs WFMS assessment - daily leadership round on the floor (Gemba), with coaching of operators, supervisors and owning follow up to drive improvement.
- Identifies gaps in WFMS implementation against the plan and develops action steps with CI leader and Bakery leadership team.
- Collecting, compiling and analyzing performance and/or financial data that supports process improvement, cost reduction activities, and/or manufacturing optimization (labor, Waste, OEE)
- Developing insights from data evaluation to understand trends, root causes of problems, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Utilizing project management tools to track progress and provide status updates on key projects with Bakery project teams including leading sub-tracks of projects through to implementation
- Provides ME support to other bakeries (who do not have CI Specialist position) as required
As we continue to mature on the Process, the CI Specialist should always have a forward view; working closely with CI Leader and ISC Finance on the Bakery productivity pipeline for Annual ME Planning and continued focus of eliminating inefficiencies and waste at the Bakery.
Weston offers employment regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetics or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence.