Large, well established food manufacturer is looking for an experienced, hands on Continuous Improvement Mgr.. Must have proven success leading CI projects. Degree preferred but not necessarry. Offering nice salary (DOE) and benefits.
Continuous Improvement Manager
Company background: We take pride in our heritage but we have emerged to market with new purpose. We are a modern global food company…still making the best gyros on the market, but also so much more. Today, we make it easy to offer new and familiar fare, by providing BOLD, on-trend, specialty proteins. We bring excitement to authentic world cuisine.
Our goal is to rejuvenate the restaurant and retail space. The support of our combined innovative processes, products, and inspired teams will create a well-versed collaborative work environment, to which will support our growth and success in the food manufacturing space. We strive to find the best talent to assist in guiding our exponential growth.
About the Role:
- Full time
- Located in Glendale Heights, IL and also supports Elk Grove Village locations
- Mid to Senior level position
Operations: The Continuous Improvement Manager will be based out of the Glendale Heights plant (400 employees), and will also be responsible for two Elk Grove Village plants (160 & 75~ employees).
Production includes meat processing (no slaughter), Falafel, Hummus, Bakery, Dairy, & other Food Service items. Meat products involve raw material being processed into a finished product.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will manage one direct report, a CI Specialist. There are plans for additional CI Specialists as needed.
Objectives of this Role:
- Take charge on projects to evaluate, lead, and develop improvements to all operational processes
- Leveraging cross-functional departments within the organization to optimize success, build meaningful relationships across teams
- Acts as the primary owner for identifying the need for change/improvement, scope, deliverables, and plays as key stakeholder for managing operation process change for the sites on an ongoing basis.
- Plan and participate in the execution of project initiatives defined in terms of ROI, assuming direct assignments as part of each project plan.
- Directs and facilitates the ongoing lean improvement process utilizing lean and project management techniques
- Identify lean improvement training needs and assist with developing and implementing the required training.
- Establish measurable standards at the start of a project and then compare actual project results against these, regularly generating detailed update reports for management.
- Provide regular updates to the Leadership team on progress, key milestones, and roadblocks to successful project implementation.
- Be an effective communicator with operational leadership, key operators, and other production influences
- Able to apply problem-solving techniques to complex problems
- Manage and motivate a small team
Job Fitness: Looking for someone with very strong situational leadership. Has assertiveness and confidence in themselves with ability to identify issues and recommend the best course of action while also being able to build strong interpersonal relationships. Able to communicate why new ways are better. Not looking for someone that prefers sitting in their office all day.
- 7+ years of Manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- Master’s is a plus
- Experience with Lean concepts
- Proven project management capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and adapt
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communications skills and situational leadership abilities
- Strong computer and digital literacy