Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
We are actively recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Manager to be based at our Bridgewater, VAfacility. This individual drives measurable results through facilitation andleadership of the Continuous Improvement Model. This role leads the process of engagingand empowering team members to identify, understand, and implement sustainable processimprovements.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Becomes a business partner with operations management, working with them to identify opportunities, utilizes the DMAIC structure while focusing on People-Process-Data to obtain measurable and sustainable results
- Ensures deliverables support the 4-P s. People (Safety, Retention, Increased Engagement and Empowerment), Products (consistency in products, quality of products, reliability of service), Profitability (support the attainment of key initiatives and improved competitive results), Planet (support the green initiatives)
- Gains a solid understanding of the Company s key initiatives, competitive priorities, accountabilities and ensures linkage of continuous improvement efforts with these goals.
- Provides management with updates via tracking reports on project progress, in line with set priority and timing targets.
- Delivers effective training courses and programs to help increase knowledge and awareness of the Continuous Improvement tools and use of the model. The training should be customized to meet organizational needs and priorities.
- Facilitates Kaizen events in which we effectively build and lead focused and empowered teams. Manages the project improvement tracking and assist project leaders to develop tracking mechanisms for ongoing reporting. Develops follow-up processes for completed projects to ensure sustainability. Develops and implements a plant communication plan for process improvement efforts.
- Utilizes skills learned, i.e., Lean and Sic Sigma techniques, to lead the organization in data based decision making, and driving action to generate measurable improvements. Promotes the transformation of a reactive organizational culture to one that is more proactive, utilizing data driven decision-making, and giving priority to preventative actions.
- Develops and participates in existing awareness programs to promote the use of Continuous improvement and recognize team successes.
- BS degree or equivalent related work experience. Degrees in Business Administration, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics,Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain are preferred but all majors will be considered.
- 0-3 years experience.
- Should possess knowledge of LEAN principles, Six Sigma, TQM, SPC, PIP and QIP.
- Combination of business, interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills
- Self-starter and motivated by challenge
- Strong sense of teamwork with high level of individual contribution
- Ability to learn new concepts, combine with common sense, and effectively apply to problem solving
- Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Able to communicate and work with teams at all organizational levels from Senior management to shop floor
- Willingness to promote and drive change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
- Ability to support all Shift (1st, 2nd, & 3rd) on Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Prior exposure to Continuous Improvement or OperationalExcellence tools.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
2. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
3. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
4. Work activity is in an office, open-partitioned, cubicle environment.
5. When in a plant environment:
- Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degree to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to all chemicals found in poultry, food and processing plant.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.