1. Becomes a business partner with operations management, working with them to identify opportunities, utilizes the DMAIC structure while focusing on People-Process-Data to obtain measurable and sustainable results.
2. Ensures deliverables support the 4-P’s. People (Safety, Retention, Increased Engagement and Empowerment), Products (consistency in products, quality of products, reliability of service), Profitability (support the attainment of key initiatives and improved competitive results), Planet (support the green initiatives)
3. Gains a solid understanding of the Company’s key initiatives, competitive priorities, accountabilities and ensures linkage of continuous improvement efforts with these goals.
4. Provides management with updates via tracking reports on project progress, in line with set priority and timing targets.
5. Delivers effective training courses and programs to help increase knowledge and awareness of the Continuous Improvement tools and use of the model. The training should be customized to meet organizational needs and priorities.
6. Facilitates Kaizen events in which we effectively build and lead focused and empowered teams. Manages the project improvement tracking and assist project leaders to develop tracking mechanisms for ongoing reporting. Develops follow-up processes for completed projects to ensure sustainability. Develops and implements a plant communication plan for process improvement efforts.
7.Utilizes skills learned, i.e., Lean and Sic Sigma techniques, to lead the organization in data based decision making, and driving action to generate measurable improvements. Promotes the transformation of a reactive organizational culture to one that is more proactive, utilizing data driven decision-making, and giving priority to preventative actions.
8. Develops and participates in existing awareness programs to promote the use of Continuous improvement and recognize team successes.