Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
In this role, the Continuous Improvement Engineer is Primarily focused on safety, quality, cost saving technologies, reliability, and High-Performance Work Systems. The role directly supports a business unit and partners with a BU Leader, Maintenance Leader, and others within the business unit to deliver their area s objectives (Right First Time RFT , Overall Equipment Effectiveness OEE , Global Reliability GR1 , Turnaround and Change TACO time).
You will lead continuous improvement CI and cost savings projects to ensure the company remains competitive. Utilizing Basic CI tools, such as process mapping, cause-and-effect diagrams, value stream mapping, Root Cause Failure Analysis RCFA , Kaizen events, 5Whys, Zero Loss Analysis ZLA design-of-experiment, capability studies, statistical process control as well as Operational Reliability tools (Center lining, Autonomous Maintenance, 5s) to lead teams, events, or individuals to ensure processes are optimized and capable of meeting specification. Trends and analyzes data to identify opportunities for improvement. Responsible for creating and establishing standard operating procedures, identifying process opportunities, and justifying capital and expense projects. This role requires the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with management, business teams, vendors, and plant operations.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Identify and investigate business opportunities and investigate complex problems and requirements to reduce the Business unit s Total Delivered Costs. Provide the Business Unit with on-site technical services and engineered solutions for cost saving initiatives, quality improvement initiatives, new manufacturing processes for capability and efficiency improvements for existing equipment.
- Lead Problem solving initiatives driven from the Daily Direction Setting DDS priorities. Ensure corrective actions fix problems so they do not reoccur, not just a short-term mend.
- Support new product launches / commercialization. Including executing and supporting commissioning of new product formats and new product start-ups / commercialization. Provide technical input or direction to Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance on a broad range of manufacturing processes.
- Lead or participate on TPM Kaizen team. Utilizes six sigma tools such as process mapping, cause-and-effect diagrams, 5 Why analysis, design-of-experiment, capability studies and statistical process control to ensure processes are optimized and capable of meeting specification.
- Manages the Change Control program to ensure all changes deliver safe and high-quality products.
- Developing and implementing procedures and systems to ensure products consistently meet or exceed customer expectations
- Conducting process audits to review Centerlines, SPC, DDS, Identifying and eliminating common causes of product and process variation (troubleshooting)
- Analyzing product and process data, providing feedback, and making recommendations to optimize performance Identifying and implementing process improvements and best practices; Implementing corrective actions for issues surfaced through the DDS process
- Partnering with Maintenance to develop and implement Total Productive Maintenance (Centerline, AM, 5S) plans for equipment to ensure employee understanding and ownership; Partnering with our R&D & Quality resources to develop Product Specifications that are achievable and capable in the manufacturing environment.; Partnering with our Master data & Finance resources to ensure all BOM and raw materials match the manufacturing specifications, raw material specifications and are tied back to our internal cost standards
We are looking for the following abilities and skills:
- Minimum education required: Bachelor#39;s degree. Preferred concentration in Industrial Engineering.
- Years of relevant experience: At least 3-5 years in or supporting a manufacturing environment preferably with food processing, FDA/USDA regulation and industrial engineering experience.
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate within the United States.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and make decisions.
- Analytical capability and high level of creativity.
- Effective communication, leadership interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellence in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and chemical process systems.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- Travel is anticipated at up to 5% of the time.
- Fast-paced manufacturing operation.
- Requires getting out on the production floor/ interacting with core operation teams.
- Responsibilities may require evening, night, or weekend hours.
- Working conditions are typical of a food processing environment with offices and manufacturing processes.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.