Primary responsibility to assist in the plant’s Lean, Six-Sigma journey. Define, design, and implement continuous improvement programs. Ensure programs are successfully integrated across the organization, including building strong workforce engagement. Define improvement projects aligned with business strategies. Analyze improvement programs and results. Facilitate and coach employees on continuous improvement initiatives. Establish and maintain performance metrics to measure program success. Install process excellence support for program governance, project reviews, communications, training, certification and rewards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety polices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work directly with manufacturing plants, warehouse DC’s and farms to improve the individual performance of each resource that is not performing to standard.
- Apply knowledge of industrial engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Champion new initiatives directed toward continuous improvements and cost reduction efforts.
- Conduct equipment utilization and capacity studies and provide recommendations.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of CFM/Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Apply ergonomic techniques to improve the working conditions in manufacturing.
Lead efforts to reduce equipment setup time.
- Other projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Three years of experience in a food processing environment and strong mechanical background.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, SAP
- Working knowledge of cost accounting, gathering production information, and production scheduling.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication.