- This position is a combination of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing project engineering. Improvement projects include, but are not limited to, changeover reduction, batch cycle time improvement, waste reduction, and constraint improvement.
- General Engineering projects include generation of machinery specifications, development of project proposals, supervision of contractors and internal personnel in the execution of projects, and management of project finances, to ensure that project deliverables are met on time and within budget.
Essential Job Functions
- Gathers information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine the work flow, time requirements, duration, and cost.
- Partners with Operations to create programs that improve the productivity and efficiency of the various work processes of the plant.
- Applies various engineering problem solving and productivity techniques to evaluate the improvement of recommended strategies and programs.
- Instructs others in continuous process improvements, including the use of various problem solving and productivity techniques such as lean manufacturing, process mapping, and cost time management.
- Create documents, communicates process modifications, and conducts process improvement meetings as needed.
- Acts to align company goals by continually reviewing processes to create overall operating efficiencies in obtaining the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
- Provides technical assistance and training, as needed.
- Leads events and trains on lean concepts.
- Participates in GEMBA walks, lean and quality metrics, operations board review, problem solving and waste elimination, root cause analysis, creation of standard work, countermeasures, analysis, mapping, and visual management.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) required in area of discipline, ideally Industrial Engineering
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to teach, influence, and mentor others
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and statistical software.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, veteran, disability, or national origin.