Construction Project Leader
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Construction Project Leader is responsible for BQ#39;s proprietary Frozen DSD (Direct Store Delivery) model asset rollout. The Construction Project Leader will be the controlling manager of this project and serve as a point-of-contact for clients. He / she will be responsible for building a plan and outlining the proper strategy to successfully execute BQ#39;s Freezer program to meet client#39;s needs and BQ#39;s ability to realize the planned ROI with each project. Responsible for implementation of the scope of work as related to planning, permitting, construction/ fabrication, pre-commissioning, installation hook-up and commissioning of the assets / sites in conformance with project specifications, Scope of Work, and in accordance with the approved Project Schedule.
Position ensures that assigned projects are successful by working with QSR (Quick Serve Restaurant) customers, partners, contractors and both internal and external teams in following standards, practices, and schedules that result in value-added projects being on-time, on budget and ultimately forming lasting relationships with our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Construction Management with multi-state experience
Project Management experience - strong understanding of PM Software to manage critical path/process
Strong permitting experience
- Creates and successfully maintains project budget and schedule.
- Successfully coordinates on-site project team, contractors, vendors, schedule, owner correspondence, client-relations, drawing management, approvals, materials, and deliveries.
- QA/QC of construction materials and installation. Ensures purpose and content of the Construction Quality Management System Plan.
- Ensures and maintains culture of safety across all project sites.
- Productively communicates and regularly interacts with business owners.
- Attends and runs project meetings with necessary stakeholders and/or project team.
- Works with freezer manufacturer, QSR Brand, Franchisees and contractors to prepare all documents and timelines to execute to the projected monthly program installs.
- Ensures necessary permits are obtained in a timely manner and completed in full by corresponding team member (s) or agencies.
- Work with QSR Corporate Brand, franchisees, landowner (s) and facility staff to ensure understanding of construction process, project progress, timelines, schedule, and budget.
- Follows internal process, policies, and delivery methods for construction projects.
- Effectively communicates and works with internal team including site superintendent, project director, and project coordinator.
- Approximately 40% travel
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years in industry-related project management role.
- Associates or bachelor#39;s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, project management, real estate development or related field is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to influence and convey project expectations and updates to project team, partners, and clients.
- Strong strategic thinker that can translate vision into action.
- Proven history of successfully meeting goals on time.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
- Ability to attend project-related meetings outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to lead a cohesive project team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in estimating and project management software.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
- Must hold valid driver#39;s license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of veteran, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.