Mucci Farms is an industry leader with greenhouses in two countries, equipped with world-class technology and a dedicated team of over 1200. Our humble beginnings started over 60 years ago when two brothers from Italy immigrated to Canada with a passion to grow fresh, flavourful, fruits and vegetables. A generation later, Tony and Gino’s children have taken the company to new heights with a variety of commodities, aggressive expansions and the launch of Mucci International Marketing Inc., the Sales & Marketing arm of the organization.
Bert, Danny and their cousin Gianni Mucci partnered with close family friend Joe Spano to grow our company into a substantial, award-winning leader in the greenhouse industry. With an emphasis on efficiency, we make significant investments in state-of-the-art automation and robotics to provide consumers with the highest level of food safety and maximum shelf life for all of our products. Vertically integrated from seed to retail, Mucci Farms owns and operates over 250-acres of tomato, pepper, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce and strawberry greenhouses in Kingsville, Ontario and Huron, Ohio. We also have a global network of over 1500 acres with partner growers.
We are hiring for:
Job Title: Commodity Lead
Reporting Structure: Commodity Supervisor(s)
Based at: Mucci PAC USA Taylor
Type of Employment: Full-Time, 5-days a week; and some additional hours depending on workload and priorities.
- Oversee commodity hi-lo drivers to ensure productivity is being keep up
- In charge of delegating picks to hi-lo drivers
- After orders are staged verify all of the product for each order is staged also, need to be in correct order to load
- Follow up with hi-lo driver (all departments) to ensure every pallet is being scanned no matter where staged in building
- Oversee commodity hi-lo driver in production to ensure no down time and correct allocations are being followed
- Keeps in communication with commodity supervisors to ensure no allocations/adjustments are missed
- Keep receiving dock cleared of product to ensure receiving is not hindered
- Maintain cleanliness in the cooler and around commodity station
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Famous software experience is an asset
- Highly energetic and assertive with strong leadership skills
- Excellent, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Have experience working in factories/warehouses
- Must be able to sit and work on the warehouse floor for extended periods of time
- Must be able to deal with challenging employees and/or situations.
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Note: this description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.