Mucci Farms is an industry leader with greenhouses in two countries, equipped with world-class technology and a dedicated team of over 1200. Our humble beginnings started over 60 years ago when two brothers from Italy immigrated to Canada with a passion to grow fresh, flavourful, fruits and vegetables. A generation later, Tony and Gino’s children have taken the company to new heights with a variety of commodities, aggressive expansions and the launch of Mucci International Marketing Inc., the Sales & Marketing arm of the organization.
Bert, Danny and their cousin Gianni Mucci partnered with close family friend Joe Spano to grow our company into a substantial, award-winning leader in the greenhouse industry. With an emphasis on efficiency, we make significant investments in state-of-the-art automation and robotics to provide consumers with the highest level of food safety and maximum shelf life for all of our products. Vertically integrated from seed to retail, Mucci Farms owns and operates over 250-acres of tomato, pepper, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce and strawberry greenhouses in Kingsville, Ontario and Huron, Ohio. We also have a global network of over 1500 acres with partner growers.
We are hiring for:
Title: Commodity Checker
Reports to: Commodity Supervisor
Based at: Mucci Pac USA, Taylor MI
Type of Employment: Full time, permanent, 5-days a week
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and packages in order to thoroughly inspect pallet
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Inspect all outbound orders day of in shipping or else were staged for shipping
- Confer and correspond on any quality concerns, damages, overages, labeling issues & nonconformance’s with direct supervisor(s)
- Ensure a follow up with direct supervisor(s) on problem product so it does not get left behind or unresolved
- Review and at times (record product) info, such as weight, country or origin, label placement, ship to locations and damages and discrepancies
- Comply with the company standard of Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety
- Any additional tasks as required…
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate any issues or concerns to the commodity lead and/or, direct supervisor(s)
- Ability to conduct basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of Famous and RedLine Cooler programs (for inventory management) will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to work independently or within a team setting.
- Positive attitude, punctual and willing to grow within the company.
- Ok and understands role may change or duties will be added to due to business needs in the ever grower industry.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically fit and able to repetitively lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Work in a temperature controlled environment of approximately 52 degrees.
- Must be able to deal with challenging employees and/or situations
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures
Note: This description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.