Achieves organizational objectives by partnering with R&D, Sales, and Operations to develop new products while considering critical technical issues such as Food safety, stability, and scalability.
• Develop and lead a "Stage-Gate Process" that ensures the organization's successful launches of new and updated products.
• Develop products across current and new product categories and throughout all phases of product development.
• Oversee reporting, tracking, and process improvement for new food commercialization.
• Partner with Sales, R&D, Operations, and Supply Chain teams to plan and deliver on product timelines through all necessary steps from development to launch.
• Work closely with internal partners as well as external partners to facilitate the smooth operation of commercialization.
• Leads development of appropriate project standards, trains cross-functional teams in the standards, and enforces them across the organization.
• Solve complex technical challenges related to developing, manufacturing, and improving food products and processes and make appropriate technical recommendations.
• Identify and qualify contract manufacturers for specific project needs as needed.
• Work collaboratively to ensure that all projects and activities meet food safety and quality standards.
• Runs and operates large-scale projects, acting as a senior leader, delivering on critical and sometimes overlapping timelines.
• 3-5 years of food or beverage product development with commercialization experience, ideally with a minimum of 5 years in new product development.
• Demonstrated experience with leading multiple projects, managing priorities, and resource management.
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or related discipline required.
• Demonstrated experience working with ERP systems such as SAGE.