Support the commercial product process in bringing a product from concept to shelf. Assist in working with the customer to ensure a positive customer experience while implementing the process for bringing a product to market.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Support process and procedural execution for all active projects, working with timelines and procedures for onboarding to ensure a positive customer experience. This is a key role who all new customers and new business will be funneled through and could often be a customer#39;s first experience with Alphia.
Commercial responsibilities may include the following, depending on the customer relationship:
- Coordination of test runs as needed, with monitoring of the analytic results, pal studies, etc. and storing, organizing, and reporting information.
- Data management for multiple projects.
- Effectively work cross-functionally to communicate with all internal teams on project expectations and timelines.
- Maintain database of formulations, analytics, pal studies, formula validations, etc.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining innovation timelines, working with the Commercial Manager for regular communication on timelines & risk mitigation for customer expectations.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS : (To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required).
- Education level: Associates degree. Will substitute work experience especially in the above criteria over a formal education. This is a technical job that can receive support from a system of nutritionist and regulatory professionals.
- Experience: This is an entry level position. Experience in pet food products preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability in project management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of details.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Develop and maintain interpersonal relationships, think creatively, manage risk, and exhibit curiosity for continued growth in industry.
- Personal characteristics include initiative, integrity, adaptability/flexibility, dependability, and leadership.
- Proficient in MS Office software, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals.
- Excellent communication skills. Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside the company.
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.
- Basic math skills to include ratios, percentages, addition, subtraction, etc.
- Maximum 10% travel required within the United States. (Once per Quarter)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The phrases "occasionally," "regularly," and "frequently" correspond to the following definitions: "occasionally" means up to 25% of working time, "regularly" means between 26 and 75% of working time, and "frequently" means 76% and more of working time.)
The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, to manipulate keys on a keyboard and view data on a computer screen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb stairs, walk, reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Extended amount of work hours required, as needed for business. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic, plant background noise). The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.